loading Long and Lat

tjpratt

How do I load Longitude and Latitude into my GarminmapGPSsc.

Lets say i down load a puzzle cache how do i follow to next destination?

I did some searches.

If you are searching for puzzle caches or multicaches, you will probably need to know how to enter coordinates manually.

With puzzle caches, you can enter your "solved" coordinates on the cache page, then load those into your gps.

With multicaches, the posted coordinates are the starting point. At that stage, you will need to follow the directions on the cache page or at Stage 1 to determine the coordinates for Stage 2, etc, etc, etc.

What gps do you have? "GarminmapGPSsc" is not a model.

B.

I'm not sure if yours is similar to my etrex 20. For a multi you look at the Geocache page where it lists a menu 'Log Attempt, 'Show description' etc. You then scroll down 'Enter Next Stage' where you then input your next coordinates after which you click 'Done' then you're on your way. Easy.

Hi, we are in New Zealand and have recently upgraded our GPS to the Garmin 62sc. I have read this page over and over but our main problem is that the latitude and longitude keep coming out as E and N instead of what we need which is S and E. Just can't figure out how to change this- tried the setup menus and got it set for NZ or Australia, but no joy. Makes entering waypoints "on the fly" impossible. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Hi, we are in New Zealand and have recently upgraded our GPS to the Garmin 62sc. I have read this page over and over but our main problem is that the latitude and longitude keep coming out as E and N instead of what we need which is S and E. Just can't figure out how to change this- tried the setup menus and got it set for NZ or Australia, but no joy. Makes entering waypoints "on the fly" impossible. Any help gratefully appreciated.

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but generally you cannot ENTER a waypoint. Rather what you do is CREATE (MARK) a waypoint, which will be your current location, then EDIT it to the desired value. Since the new waypoint will be S & W there should be no problem. If you are on a waypoint that has the N & W designation, in the edit page you should be able to place your cursor on the N and use the up or down arrow to change it to S. BTW the full manual for your GPS is here.