Up the Difficulty?

Leo+3

I've had a good three DNFs on one of our caches and checked up on it, but the cache was still there!

I'm just wondering if I should up the difficulty or not, right now it's placed at difficulty 2, terrain 2.

Don't see any cache on your account that meets these points.

I've had a good three DNFs on one of our caches and checked up on it, but the cache was still there!

I'm just wondering if I should up the difficulty or not, right now it's placed at difficulty 2, terrain 2.

Sure, why not? Especially if people are saying they seriously looked for it. Or you could add a better hint.

We could give more informed answers if we knew if there were no Finds and 3 DNFs; or 3 DNFs scattered among 100 Finds. And if we could read the logs (DNF as well as any Finds) to see whether the non-finders thought it was too hard, or whether they aborted their search for other reasons--crying babies--nature calls--police encounters, or whatever.

If the DNFs are a significant percentage of logs then by all means raise the difficulty. If there are a bunch of finds with few DNFs, then three in a row, it may be simply a case of "monkey DNFs". One person DNFs,then the next sees that and doesn't search too hard, then the next sees two DNFs and just gives it a cursory search. I see that a lot. In that case I probably would leave it the same

If the DNFs are a significant percentage of logs then by all means raise the difficulty. If there are a bunch of finds with few DNFs, then three in a row, it may be simply a case of "monkey DNFs". One person DNFs,then the next sees that and doesn't search too hard, then the next sees two DNFs and just gives it a cursory search. I see that a lot. In that case I probably would leave it the same

I have to agree I see that a lot as well. Heck I probably even do the same after seeing a few DNF's.

If the DNFs are a significant percentage of logs then by all means raise the difficulty.

And would it cause DNF rate to diminish??

The reason to change difficulty may be if finders keep commenting 'it is not D2 but at least D3.5'