[FEATURE] Right rail call outs on trackable listings for "discovered it," etc

The Goggled Crusaders

I would like to see similar functionality on the right rail of cache listing pages to show up on trackable listing pages, by way of text that says "Discovered it" or "Moved it." The idea is that this would show at a glance whether a user has already come in contact with this same trackable in the past. I have "discovered" the same travel bugs, especially vehicle travel bugs at events, multiple times without realizing it. Currently to find out if you moved or discovered one you have to dig into pages of previous log entries or your own trackable history. This can take a very long time. But if you could immediately see if you already moved or discovered it you wouldn't have to log it again, leave it in the cache, etc.

Here's a visual illustration of what I mean. It is similar to the placement of the smiley icon and the "found it" text on cache pages.

discovered-it-right-rail.jpg

This makes sense if there is an issue with the statistics. Specifically, if re-discovering the same trackable increments the totals then this would be a good option to maintain unique-trackable-finds accuracy.

If not, then I don't see the harm in allowing repeats. Note that the re-discovery better reflects the history of the trackable, which is something TO might want.

I am wondering if there is a Challenge cache out there that might require a quantity of re-discoveries of trackables?

While this might be a handy thing in some situations, this is sort of a solution looking for a problem. There's nothing at all wrong with discovering or moving a trackable multiple times. People won't look at you funny in the same way as if you logged a cache as found multiple times. I've discovered some of the local car TBs many times, and I would hope other cachers would discover mine each time they saw it.

If not, then I don't see the harm in allowing repeats. Note that the re-discovery better reflects the history of the trackable, which is something TO might want.

Just to be clear I'm not suggesting taking away the ability to log it multiple times. I think you should be able to if you want to. It would just be nice to see if you've already discovered it or moved it at a glance.

Let's say I find a trackable in a cache that I had already previously moved a while ago. If I don't realize it I might take the trackable again. But if I looked up the listing page and it told me I've already found it then I would probably leave the trackable in the cache for the next person to find.

I've discovered hundreds of trackables at events. That's a lot of time spend manually entering the numbers, reading the descriptions and objectives for each one. It would save me a lot of time if the listing told me that I'd already logged it because then I wouldn't have to read through it again or log it and could move on.

A cache page tells you if you've found it before and still lets you log another find. I think a trackable page should also behave this way.

I would like to see similar functionality on the right rail of cache listing pages to show up on trackable listing pages, by way of text that says "Discovered it" or "Moved it."

I hope that happens. Until then, here's a suggestion:

Currently to find out if you moved or discovered one you have to dig into pages of previous log entries or your own trackable history. This can take a very long time.

Instead of looking through many pages of logs, click on the View Map link on the trackable's page. That displays a map of where the trackable has been, followed by all of the logs on one page. You can use your browser's search feature to see if your name is already listed among those logs.

I'd like t bring this thread back to the surface

I've just asked the same question , this thread was way down the list

how can this idea be made reality ...........

I know , not everyone likes trackables , but there is a lot of us who do

we pay to play so why can't we have our say

and one day someone will listen , and give tackable the respect they deserve