Master of Mystery caches

Ma & Pa

Our grandsons have recently had requests from Europe for hints about a puzzle cache that they have hidden here in New Brunswick. The latest request was from Switzerland and gave details.

The requests relate to a puzzle cache in Germany called Master of Mystery #19 - Dortmund http://coord.info/GC4R9P2 . In order to get the coords for that cache, you have to solve 20 puzzle caches from around the world, including our grandson's cache. The cache page has a world map showing the location of the 20 caches. The cache page has 20 geocheckers and a link to only one of the 20 puzzles. Each time you solve a cache puzzle the appropriate geochecker in this listing will give you the GC number for the next puzzle cache to solve.

I found a bookmark list with 22 Master of Mystery caches. One is in Montreal, and the rest seem to be in Europe.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Edited by Ma & Pa

If your grandson's puzzle is being used in someone else's puzzle, the owner of that second puzzle ought to have asked for your grandson's permission and the reviewer who published that other puzzle should have verified that this happened.

Someone barged onto one of my cache listings one time and left a note with a required clue for their puzzle in another state. The note said "do not delete this." I deleted it and the owner whined on their cache listing about how I was rude. Had they asked me for permission I would have gladly agreed.

EDIT: The cache listing states that permission was obtained from each puzzle cache owner and that issue was also addressed in the review process. Great! So, this should not come as a surprise to the OP.

Edited by Keystone

If your grandson's puzzle is being used in someone else's puzzle, the owner of that second puzzle ought to have asked for your grandson's permission and the reviewer who published that other puzzle should have verified that this happened.

Someone barged onto one of my cache listings one time and left a note with a required clue for their puzzle in another state. The note said "do not delete this." I deleted it and the owner whined on their cache listing about how I was rude. Had they asked me for permission I would have gladly agreed.

EDIT: The cache listing states that permission was obtained from each puzzle cache owner and that issue was also addressed in the review process. Great! So, this should not come as a surprise to the OP.

I am now curious about permission being requested. I will check with grandsons Jake & Ben

Yeah...it would be annoying to have all those notes posted to - and cluttering up - my cache page.

Example: http://coord.info/GC1DV0E

WOW That cache was used in a number of Master of Mystery caches. You would think they would have a method of avoiding duplications

I'm familiar with the series as I've come across it in a couple of cities I visited. I never bothered to try and solve any of the pre-requisite puzzles until you started this thread. I just go through 6 of them in the last couple of hours before taking a break.

I just came across a Masters of Mystery cache in Porto, Portugal as it might be an overnight layover city on the way to Rome next month.

Yeah...it would be annoying to have all those notes posted to - and cluttering up - my cache page.

WOW That cache was used in a number of Master of Mystery caches. You would think they would have a method of avoiding duplications

I'm familiar with the series as I've come across it in a couple of cities I visited. I never bothered to try and solve any of the pre-requisite puzzles until you started this thread. I just go through 6 of them in the last couple of hours before taking a break.

I just came across a Masters of Mystery cache in Porto, Portugal as it might be an overnight layover city on the way to Rome next month.

Have you come across the WHITE NOISE puzzle cache yet?

Have you come across the WHITE NOISE puzzle cache yet?

Not yet, I'm working on all the MoM caches simultaneously. My goal is to solve all of the puzzles for all of the Mom caches.

Not yet, I'm working on all the MoM caches simultaneously. My goal is to solve all of the puzzles for all of the Mom caches.

Good luck! I've been doing that as well...for the last couple of years and still have some unsolved puzzles along the way (and thus 'unsolved' MoM caches). In all honesty I have to admit I haven't looked at the series for a while; we're off to Vienna soon but that one is already solved...

As far as I'm aware there are 22 MoM caches. I've solved* 8 of those and found only 2 (01 Paris and 03 Copenhagen).

Cheers,

Mr. Terratin

* Note: some of the MoM's make use of the same set of mystery-caches which makes it easy to solve a couple simultaneously. 'Unfortunately' others use (a couple) different mysteries...