Terminating a forum

FshngGC

I started a forum a couple of days ago. There has been some helpful advise and I have a better idea of how a part of geocaching works. However it seems that the forum has gone on too long to be productive and that some other forums are spilling into it. If a forum has "outlived" its usefulness can it be terminated?

I started a forum a couple of days ago. There has been some helpful advise and I have a better idea of how a part of geocaching works. However it seems that the forum has gone on too long to be productive and that some other forums are spilling into it. If a forum has "outlived" its usefulness can it be terminated?

Yes. Go to that topic and post another reply asking the moderators to close the topic. It stays there, but no one can post to it any longer.

Nothing wrong with the responses except that they were becoming redundant. I learned a lot from the answers. A little sarcasm never hurt. My male box was being overrun and some of the answers I was getting had nothing to do with the original question.

A moderator will remove duplicate threads when we become aware of them.

A moderator may, but is not obligated to, lock a thread at the request of the topic starter.

If you are the topic starter you can attract a moderator's attention by clicking on the "report this post" button for your opening post or your most recent post.

In addition to the above advice, you can unsubscribe from receiving email notifications for replies to your thread(s).