Lower 48 USA

It would be easy to do that yourself. Just find the furthest point and search the area. PQ's would help. South is easy.Key West north and east have to be in Maine

It SEEMS simple enough, but remember that big discussion we had a couple of weeks ago with the guy who couldn't understand how New Jersey was on the same longitude as the WEST coast of South America.....😳. Maps is funny like that.....

Interestingly, the easternmost cache (by longitude) in the 50 U.S. states isn't anywhere near Maine: Shemya Island - The Rock at the Edge of the Earth.

One might think that this cache is the western most cache, but since the eastern/western most caches are relative to the prime meridian and the cache is just west of the 180th meridian, it's the furthest cache from the prime meridian less than 180 degrees away.

The Eastern/Western/Northern/Southern most stat is one of my favorites in my profile. The caches which have been identified in my profile for those four locations are on 4 different continents with a combined distance from my home location of 20,956 miles.

The Eastern/Western/Northern/Southern most stat is one of my favorites in my profile. The caches which have been identified in my profile for those four locations are on 4 different continents with a combined distance from my home location of 20,956 miles.

Just like collecting countries I like collecting extreme points

I just recently found the Southern Most cache in Africa 2 Oceans

Interestingly, the easternmost cache (by longitude) in the 50 U.S. states isn't anywhere near Maine: Shemya Island - The Rock at the Edge of the Earth.

One might think that this cache is the western most cache, but since the eastern/western most caches are relative to the prime meridian and the cache is just west of the 180th meridian, it's the furthest cache from the prime meridian less than 180 degrees away.

My eastern-most and western-most are separated by only 58 degrees.

A detail that slips under most people's radar. But, best of luck getting clearances to land a plane or boat at Shemya! But, there are Earthcaches in development for Attu and Buldir islands... :ph34r:

Another interesting cache in this discussion is Raven Screech in Alaska. It's the most western point of the contiguous road system in North America. There are caches further west, but you can't drive to them. :anitongue:

Well, it all depends on which Alaskan you ask... :laughing: Some places can be driven to, but just not on the highway system. Argos, 4-wheelers, and snowmobiles can get you lots of places! :lol:

But, yeah, that little micro cache is actually in a pretty cool spot. We had some visitors a couple summers ago who made a Key West to Homer, AK trip in one summer road trip. That made for an amazing SE to NW road system adventure! Too bad they weren't geocachers, however! There is a cache at the "End of the Road" in Homer that makes for a nice complement to the "Raven's Screech" cache for notable extreme US points while caching. (Add in this one, and you've got some stories to tell!)

Northern most point (of thelower 48) is in Minnesotta.

Dang, you mean those lines are curved? :P

No it's the funny little bump just before the long line begins.

Don't mind me, my humor is lost today, on one than more occasion. I was referring to how someone replied that the northernmost point would be in Maine, but it's not, i.e. if you drew a straight line for the northernmost point of Maine on a flat map. That sounds like an awesome cache though, let me tell you.