Convert the My finds pocket query to excel document

signseekers

Can anyone help me? I want to put all my statistics on an excel document. The My finds Pocket query downloads as a zipped gpx file and I cannot seem to convert it to XML format to import into excel.

Any help appreciated. All I want to do is to put all my stats from geocaching into an excel document.

GPSBabel will do that. I use "comma separated values" to import to Excel.

Can anyone help me? I want to put all my statistics on an excel document. The My finds Pocket query downloads as a zipped gpx file and I cannot seem to convert it to XML format to import into excel.

Any help appreciated. All I want to do is to put all my stats from geocaching into an excel document.

I have downloaded gpsbabel but am not sure what to do now . How do I use it to import my pocket query into an excel document. Sorry to cause extra questions ...

I have downloaded gpsbabel but am not sure what to do now . How do I use it to import my pocket query into an excel document. Sorry to cause extra questions ...

It would seem to me to be simpler to use GSAK to do teh file conversion.

With GSAK, you drag the query into the database and then export the data, using the File Export command, as a CSV (comma separated value) file. Taht file can then be imported into Excel.

It would be much simpler as you said however if he doesn't want to pay for the program the nag screens kick in at 30 days. But the first 30 would be fine. But who knows he may decide to keep it.

It does seem strange that he wants to kind of reinvent the wheel about statistics. Almost every statistic you would need is on the web site for free. If you want more a $9 a year payment to Project-pc will do everything else you want.

Then there is the GSAK GenStats macro which has way more possibilities than I will ever need.

Edited by Walts Hunting

It would be much simpler as you said however if he doesn't want to pay for the program the nag screens kick in at 30 days. But the first 30 would be fine. But who knows he may decide to keep it.

It does seem strange that he wants to kind of reinvent the wheel about statistics. Almost every statistic you would need is on the web site for free. If you want more a $9 a year payment to Project-pc will do everything else you want.

Then there is the GSAK GenStats macro which has way more possibilities than I will ever need.

I am interested in creating a list (Excel format, perhaps) that shows my finds as well as date hidden, date found, state. Can this data be exported out of Project Geocaching? I use a Mac so GSAK is not an option for me.

Ah. Hm... I maintain my Found List in Excel, by going to Your Profile, Show logs for all geocaches, then three tries:

Attended for Events, Found it for Caches and Webcam Photo Taken. This can be copied, and imported into an Excel sheet.

With a lot of finds, it can take some time to show up. Shows cache name, Found date and state. The cache type icons do get in the way, and take time to delete. And they'll be in newest to oldest order. But, for me it works well.

5a35f02c-7329-4cce-8b70-b634373d36c8.jpg

The last column is to put them in order, since I put the newest at the bottom, and My Finds puts the newest at the top. Also shows my Favorite Points.

Ah. Hm... I maintain my Found List in Excel, by going to Your Profile, Show logs for all geocaches, then three tries:

Attended for Events, Found it for Caches and Webcam Photo Taken. This can be copied, and imported into an Excel sheet.

With a lot of finds, it can take some time to show up. Shows cache name, Found date and state. The cache type icons do get in the way, and take time to delete. And they'll be in newest to oldest order. But, for me it works well.

5a35f02c-7329-4cce-8b70-b634373d36c8.jpg

The last column is to put them in order, since I put the newest at the bottom, and My Finds puts the newest at the top. Also shows my Favorite Points.

This is pretty cool. Thank you. Copying and pasting is a good way to do this.

In order for me to analyze my finds for challenges I still need Date Placed, Difficulty and Terrain.

I'm hoping some other cachers will have a solution for me. As a Mac owner GSAK isn't a solution.