Caches visible on site but not on app

Emiily&Rytch

Hi, we're quite new to this but are very much hooked!

Was just wondering why some caches appear on the map on the site, but do not appear on the app on my iPhone.

Please help!

Are you using the Intro-app by chance?

It allows for three caches per day... and other restrictions. The full paid app allows for full and total access without limitations.

The only other consideration would be Premium Member status (to include Premium Member Only caches, but there isn't big bunches of them).

PM status provides NO increase in benefit or caches while using the Intro-app. The design of the Intro-app is just as the name suggests -- to introduce somebody to geocaching. Nothing more.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Like it was mentioned you are probably using the (free) intro app. With said app, you are allowed 3 caches per day, and the app selects which caches would be good for a beginner. You can upgrade, and get the full app for $10. Be careful because some people confuse the premium membership-($30 per year, or $10 for three months) with the paid app-$10, one time. While there is nothing wrong with getting the premium membership, it really won't help if you still have the same app, and therefore same restrictions.

I would suggest that instead of upgrading in-app, go to the app store/itunes and get the $10 app from there, to avoid any confusion.

We bought premium membership, and have found 40 caches so far, the most was 20 in 1 day.

There are some on the site map, that aren't on the app when we go out.

My guess is that they may have been removed, and we're just not understanding the symbols on the map.

Hmmm...

IF it's the FULL app.

The app may not be showing Temporarily Disabled caches...

If I remember rightly, the app can be set to not show them.

It could be the fact that the site is showing Premium Member Only caches, and the phone isn't. The way to solve it -usually- is to sign out of the app, and sign back in. The app should then recognise the fact you are a Premium Member.

Have you logged in and out of the app since you've upgraded to PM? Any app that you use needs this to be done. Sometimes it doesn't know you're a PM yet.

You could always buy a GPS and download caches to it...

This is an unhelpful comment. Let's try answering the original question, eh?

I think it is potentially useful. While it may not solve the problem with the app, it won't have the problem the app has. You are able to download caches you want, not download caches you don't want, not worry about data connections, or phone batteries dying. So, while not strictly answering the question, it is a viable alternative, as proven by my example, and the number of people who use a dedicated GPSr.