Difference between pay premium memberships?

richie.m1

I would like it if someone could explain the difference between the ($9.99 Geocaching Intro Premium Membership - 3 Month) & the ($9.99 Geocaching Premium Membership - 3 Month)...

I ask this because I bought the the $9.99 Geocaching app, & the $9.99 Geocaching Intro Premium Membership - 3 Month, thinking I was getting the app & the premium membership, only to find out that wasn't the case... So I also bought the $9.99 Geocaching Premium Membership - 3 Month... (No "Intro" in the title)

All 3 charges are on my iTunes account, & I still don't understand the difference between the Premium Memberships, why wasn't I simply offered the Premium Membership, & only charged for one membership...

Thanks, Richie...

There was some confusion with wording in the free intro app, where instead of paying for the full app they wanted, folks were instead paying for 3 months premium membership.

With the latest update, the wording was supposedly corrected to reflect the difference between the two.

- Maybe not as well as hoped.

The app and premium membership are separate.

There are no different premium memberships.

The 9.99 full app can be used without a premium membership as long as you want to play.

That full app is good for as long as you remain with the OS you originally downloaded the app to. Ios to ios, droid to droid...

Later, if you start getting serious and want instant notification of new caches, bookmark lists, planned routes, and pocket queries, you'll need to have a premium membership for those extras. 9.99 for 3 months, 30. for a year.

Edited by cerberus1

I appreciate the quick reply's...

Maybe I needed to be explain better...

I bought & paid for the Geocaching iPhone App $9.99...

But I was also offered the Geocaching Intro Premium Membership for $9.99...

However after buying it, my membership stilled showed as basic...

So I clicked on the option to upgrade to the Geocaching Premium Membership, and was then charged another $9.99...

Seems to me, I paid for two premium memberships, & only one was actually valid...

I'm still confused, as to why there is, & I was charged for the "Geocaching Intro Premium Membership", as my membership never changed...

Richie...

Hello,

First off, thanks for the welcome...

I had already sent an email off to Groundspeak, before starting this thread...

The response I got was to welcome me, adding that their records show me "successfully upgraded on our end."

However, there was no answer to my actual question about the two charges for premium memberships...

I don't know if I will get an answer, as I have already disputed the "Geocaching Intro Premium Membership - 3 Month for $9.99" with iTunes, & they have already issued me a refund...

It still leaves me with a bad feeling, that there is a "Geocaching Intro Premium Membership - 3 Month for $9.99" that doesn't seem to do/offer anything over the free basic membership...

To that end, I really hope Groundspeak gets back to me with some kind of explanation, & I did include a link to thread, in my reply...

If they offer any-kind of explanation, I will post it here...

Again, Thanks to everyone who replied, Richie...

To that end, I really hope Groundspeak gets back to me with some kind of explanation, & I did include a link to thread, in my reply...

Hi Richie,

Welcome to the game! Sorry for the confusion here. In addition to Jane, I have responded to you privately because it is our policy to discuss payment issues only with the individual concerned. If you have additional questions please reply to my e-mail.

Thanks! :)

Goodevening,

I received Jayme's email...

It would seem, that there is no difference, but that my membership still said basic because I hadn't logged-out...

Adding to my confusion, iTunes allowed me to purchase a 2nd membership, where the wording was different, but according to Jayme, they are the same...

As I mentioned, I had already disputed the 2nd charge with iTunes & they have already given me a refund...

I am glad that this was explained, however it would be less confusing, if the "Intro" membership was removed...Just a suggestion...

Thanks to everyone who replied, & thanks to Jayme for explaining things...

Richie...