Idea for a New Cache

entogeek

Got together with a few geocaching friends yesterday for a wonderful pot-luck dinner (thanks Skyecat!) and came up with an idea for a new cache. Can you help with the cache description?

Coordinates= 43° 40.684'N, 79° 30.618'W (give or take a step or two)

Cache name = Smokescreen

Size= Other

Type = Unknown

Draft Description:

Someone was at the posted co-ordinates and was snooping around? Hey, if I saw someone snooping around while holding what they claimed to be a GPS in their hand then what would you call them? I don't want to say the word, but hey, figure it out for yourself.

What do you mean there's nothing at the posted co-ordinates? Was I supposed to leave something there? Hey, I'm sorry. There, I've apologized. I've moved on and you should to. What, there is supposed to be something to see here? That's news to me. I'm sorry.

What do you mean the posted co-ordinates put you in someone's back yard? You mean they're off? Well I used a map and a dart to figure them out. That's not how it's supposed to be done? Hey, I'm sorry. There, I've apologized. I've moved on and you should to.

If you're having problems finding it, give me a call. Hmmm... where's that dadgum phone?

Hint = (1) Ain't what it's cracked up to be. (2) Up in smoke. (3) Need more help, contact that newspaper I won't speak to - they seem to have all the answers.

If there's truly nothing at the posted co-ords then it's not a cache is it? I just saw a cache get retracted because of this. Several DNFs by experienced cachers on a cache placed by one with no finds and no other hides. The fact that you would intention do this is....well I don't think I can say what I'm thinking.

Now if there really is a really well camo'd cache-or even if there's not for that matter- why would you pretty much tell people there's no cache there? And do you really think it would get published?

Now if there really is a really well camo'd cache-or even if there's not for that matter- why would you pretty much tell people there's no cache there? And do you really think it would get published?

Sounds like a puzzle cache to me.

I'm not smart enough to figure it out, though. But I didn't know TO's mayor was into geocaching. :laughing:

(Are the incorrect "to" usages part of the clue, or am I just grammar police?)

Sounds like a puzzle cache to me.

I'm not smart enough to figure it out, though. But I didn't know TO's mayor was into geocaching. :laughing:

(Are the incorrect "to" usages part of the clue, or am I just grammar police?)

I've moved on and you should too! :omnomnom: