Anyone here uses OziExplorer?

Sgt_Strider

Does anyone here know if OziExplorer is capable of recording a tracklog and then output the data into a GPX file? I'm planning to use this with a bluetooth GPS device and a Windows 8 tablet. I don't know if this will work. Any comment on your experience with this software would be greatly appreciated!

If you post this on the Geocaching Australia forum you should get a response. I don't use OziExplorer but a search reveals many do. Geocaching.com.au

Yes, it can do that. There are a lot of ways to record a track. Personally I use GPSGate with my PC as it runs in the background automatically and can record any way that you want.

Is GPSGate free? Which version do I download from their website? Can GPSGate be configured to record at an interval of 1 second?

Is GPSGate free? Which version do I download from their website? Can GPSGate be configured to record at an interval of 1 second?

http://gpsgate.com/products/gpsgate_client There is a paid version that has extras, see here: http://gpsgate.com/purchase/gpsgate_client_licenses I guess you need the paid version for logging. You can log at any frequency.

What's the advantage of GPSGate over OziExplorer? I'm looking for the app that will best fit my needs.

What's the advantage of GPSGate over OziExplorer? I'm looking for the app that will best fit my needs.

It runs as a service in the background automatically and you can setup the tracking to track whatever data and interval you wish. It also allows the GPS data to be shared by multiple programs.

Oziexplorer is a program from seeing your location on a map.

It runs as a service in the background automatically and you can setup the tracking to track whatever data and interval you wish. It also allows the GPS data to be shared by multiple programs.

Oziexplorer is a program from seeing your location on a map.

And OziExplorer doesn't run in the background to create my track?

I'm sort of disappointed that GPSGate's CS department didn't respond to my email.