TB's disappeared

cachman9

Hey guys, I have a TB that I put a cache and someone moved it along. But this person that has it now has not moved it since JULY!!! What do I do? I've already sent two e-mails to the cacher.

Have a nice micro brew and don't worry about it. I will move or it won't. It might even pop up a couple years from now in a cache completely across the country. Once you release them they are gone for good.

I see the log says "Thanks for the FTF Award."

I'm guessing the person who found it looks at it like a prize to be kept.

The name of the coin is "FTF Award", and the goal is to "pass alongin new caches". If finders tend to make a new cache due to finding the coin, it may be in "limbo" frequently. The Coin Owner will have to watch and wait for new caches to be approved, and then the coin to be retrieved in the event of the cache not being approved. I'm not saying it will be any better or worse for keeping the coin in the game, regardless :anicute:. But you must expect a coin with that mission to sit in unactivated caches more often than the average coin.

It would be good to re-evaluate that coin's name and mission B). I'd suggest a broader mission, and renaming the coin in some way, so it isn't assumed to be an "award".

Edited by kunarion
I've already sent two e-mails to the cacher.

I hardly ever get a response from cold-calling a cacher using a Profile Message, regardless of the topic. There tends to be a breakdown in sending or receiving. Something's wrong with the whole "PM" thing. You can't rely on it for communication.

Try adding some light statement on the TB's page. Make a note like "I haven't heard from Simba in a while. If you hear from him, please ask him to write". You can tell that the text is in place and ready to be read, and more people are likely to read it. AND anyone visiting your page knows there's an issue and that you're waiting for it to turn up.