Marriage Proposal in cache

skywatchers

Yesterday while my girlfriend was at work I and she thought I was watching football I made a secret trip to the La Raza del Sol cache and hid an empty ring box and marriage proposal for her. Today we went to find the cache for what she thought was the "first" time and I am glad to announce she said yes. Our best cache yet. Once we get everything planned, I'm going to have to post the coordinates of the reception and see how many show up.s

quote:
Originally posted by skywatchers:

Yesterday while my girlfriend was at work I and she thought I was watching football I made a secret trip to the La Raza del Sol cache and hid an empty ring box and marriage proposal for her. Today we went to find the cache for what she thought was the "first" time and I am glad to announce she said yes. Our best cache yet. Once we get everything planned, I'm going to have to post the coordinates of the reception and see how many show up.s

Congratulations. A local cacher did a similar thing: He hid a cache with the ring, then made up a fake geocaching cache page and printed it. He then hunted it with his girlfriend icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Nick.

quote:

So if I go to that cache can I trade my wife for yours?? icon_wink.gif Congratulations!

Fair winds, Capn Skully

I also proposed to my fiancee with a stash - a letterbox rather than a geocache, but pretty similar. We're also going to put coordinates on our reception invitations. Since we're printing them all ourselves, that will be the ONLY directions that some people get. Again, congratulations!

quote:
Originally posted by WaldenRun:

quote:
Originally posted by BigNick:

Congratulations. A local cacher did a similar thing: He hid a cache with the ring, then made up a fake geocaching cache page and printed it. He then hunted it with his girlfriend icon_smile.gif

Quite similar to the story for http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=41863.

-WR

Yup, that's my handywork there! icon_smile.gif

Now I'm planning a honeymoon - an Alaskan cruise. We'll have to find a few caches while we're out there.

Hmm, I wonder if anyone has put a cache on a cruse ship yet.

quote:

Yesterday while my girlfriend was at work I and she thought I was watching football I made a secret trip to the La Raza del Sol cache and hid an empty ring box and marriage proposal for her. Today we went to find the cache for what she thought was the "first" time and I am glad to announce she said yes.

Congrats! That's so sweet! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by DocW:

Hey thats really a nice story, whish you all the best!

Theres is only one thing I am curious about: Your behaviour, if someone had found that cash in between your two visits? (And traded that ring??)

Wulf

If you look above at his story, he says he " hid an empty ring box "

"It's free advice and worth every cent."

Sluggo and Sugar (from Richland, Washington) send best wishes.

That’s cool, I mean REALLY COOL!

Sugar and I say: “The family that caches together, stays together”

- - Sluggo

This 'flying saucer' situation is not at all imaginary or seeing too much in some natural phenomena. Something is really flying around. The phenomenon is something real and not visionary or fictitious. - Gen. Nathan Twining Chief of Staff, US Air Force, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

quote:

TOOK EVERYTHING! LEFT NOTHING! icon_eek.gif

Congrats!

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:

Hmm, I wonder if anyone has put a cache on a cruse ship yet.

Kinda reminds me of my grandfather suggesting we put an "x" on the bottom of the boat, so we could come back to the good fishing spot.

Anyway, that was a very interesting story.