CO answering nice logs

FiddleKate

I've placed several caches recently and have had some very nice and interesting things written in the logs by folks finding them. Do you write a 'note' back to folks now and then.... or a message sometimes? I thought that a note they might not see unless they happened back on the cache page sometime. I just want to thank them for adding photos, etc. What do most COs do?unsure.gif

I've placed several caches recently and have had some very nice and interesting things written in the logs by folks finding them. Do you write a 'note' back to folks now and then.... or a message sometimes? I thought that a note they might not see unless they happened back on the cache page sometime. I just want to thank them for adding photos, etc. What do most COs do?unsure.gif

I have one long multicache that requires some effort to complete. I email each of the finders of that cache to congratulate them. If someone says something nice in a log for one of your caches I think it would be fine to send them an email through the site as suggested above.

We try to write nice logs for caches that have had some real effort put in them. Basically, an LPC type of cache gets a short thanks while a creative cache, one that explains the history of the area or takes us on a nice hike gets a longer log that describes our experience and thanks the CO for their efforts. Yesterday we did some interesting caches that are placed near towns that no longer exist (or have really shrunk) near train tracks that are no longer in use. We wrote some enthusiastic logs and today we received an email from the CO thanking us several times for our logs. It was really nice to know that he appreciated the time it took to write a nice paragraph for each cache; he enjoyed the fact that his efforts were appreciated and we felt happy knowing that our logs were so well-received. By all means, let someone know when you appreciate their log or get a chuckle out of a comment!