Cache details won't download onto my GPS

Rainbow Spirit

This is the first time I have had this problem, when I click send to GPS off the cache page, I get a message to download the latest Garmin plug in (which I have done) if I am having problems. It shows no recognition that it has found my GPS (Dakota 20). I am using Windows Vista, IE. Possible solutions? Thanks.

I am having the same issue. Just started today. Loaded latest plug in and it still doesn't work. It just keeps giving me the same message: "Can't get it to run? Try installing the latest plugin here"

I am running IE 8 and am using a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx.

Please fix this!

This is the first time I have had this problem, when I click send to GPS off the cache page, I get a message to download the latest Garmin plug in (which I have done) if I am having problems. It shows no recognition that it has found my GPS (Dakota 20). I am using Windows Vista, IE. Possible solutions? Thanks.

We have not experienced the issue until today, so I suspect something has changed on the website to cause it. Moreover, it appears to be affecting older Internet Explorer versions only (IE8 and 9). Too bad those of us with older operating systems can't upgrade to IE10 (need Windows 7 or 8)! Hopefully it is fixed soon!

Edit: The 'officially supported' browsers for Geocaching.com according to the support doc are

•Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0+

•Mozilla Firefox 4.0+

•Google Chrome

•Opera 11.5+

•Safari 3.0+

Edited by OOH YEH

having same problem. tells me to install plug in. tried it on my own and got nowhere so called garmin and the tech took me through all the steps and still wouldn't work. he said they have had others call with the same problem and they believe it is a geocaching site problem that they have no control over. yikes! so i guess we just have to wait till someone at geocaching.com comes up for air and figures it out for us??

Same problem here using a Garmin Nuvi 1350 and IE9. I just uploaded a cache from the garmin opencache site so it is definitely a problem with the geocaching.com site. I also just tried using Chrome and the upload was as it should be as well, no hassles at all.

Edited by firephrog

Yes, I just tried to load on Oregon 400 and no go. Tried to re-install plug-in. It was already installed. Also have an older machine. I will try going through Mozilla next.

Try uninstalling the plugin, then going to Garmin's site and installing the latest version from there.

Found a weird solution on another similar post. Do NOT open IE from your taskbar. Instead, open it from the icon on your desktop. If you don't have that, hover over the little Microsoft start icon at the bottom left of your task bar that will then show Start. Click to open that, then, click All Programs, & open IE from there. For some crazy reason, Geocaching.com should now recognize your GPS.