How long is the route?

Hi All,

This is my first post in here and I am looking for some advice?

My husband and I have recently started looking at the circuit caches around where we live to get some exercise in the evening.

We walked a circuit cache on Wednesday which told us how long it would take and how many miles etc.

I want to do another one tonoght, but they havent listed the mileage or time to do it. Is there anyway of finding out?

Thanks

L

Hi All,

This is my first post in here and I am looking for some advice?

My husband and I have recently started looking at the circuit caches around where we live to get some exercise in the evening.

We walked a circuit cache on Wednesday which told us how long it would take and how many miles etc.

I want to do another one tonoght, but they havent listed the mileage or time to do it. Is there anyway of finding out?

Thanks

L

1) Send a message to the CO and ask them (don't forget to allow your email addresses to be seen, so that they can reply).

2) See if it's on Geocache trails.

3) Down the loc.gps files in to something like Memory Map and plot a route, then analyse it.

I don't know what a "circuit cache" is, but one thing it took me a while to realize is that you don't have to get every cache, and you don't have to complete every loop. So don't rule out doing as much as you want, then doing a short circuit or just turning around when you're satisfied. I've had many great experiences while turning back, and, on the other hand, I've also completed many loops I "knew" were too long for me to complete. Also keep in mind that if you don't get to every cache the first time, that means you get to go back and enjoy the area a second time!

Of course, it's even better if caches taking you on a specific journey let you know how long the journey will be, as your first circuit did. Feel free to encourage that by complementing when it's done, and kindly suggesting when it isn't. And in the latter case, make sure to say in your log how long you discovered it was so those following you will know even when the cache description doesn't say.