Cache hiding spots....

I thought it would be interesting to see where you are finding your cache and if it is anything unusual. Some of them I found were real clever and it may give others ideas.

The two examples that jump out at me is one where the cache was a 3" painted PVC inserted into the ground so only about 3" was sticking out. The owner then hollowed out a stump from a tree and placed that over the cache. Being in a woods setting is seemed so natural.

The other example is a multi micro cache where the cordinates for the next leg were on a pice of metal about a 1/2" wide by 4 inches long. The owner had a brown foam muffin and the metal was slid into the bottom. The muffin was then placed in a hole in a tree so it was hard to see. This leg has stumped many people who give up and e-mail for help. The clue by the way reads "no cookies but how about a muffin" or something like that.

I can't wait to hear others.

Unfortionatly, almost all of the caches we've found so far have been hidden in the same way....under a pile of rocks. Of course, theres not much else to work with here in the middle of the desert. Even our first (and only..so far) isn't that original, its in a large bush. As far as I know, there are no microcaches nearby, but I'm planning a urban micro (as all of the urban ones here in vegas are virtual) that should be interesting.

Shannon

VegasCacheHounds

There is a cache here in LA in the Santa Monica Mountains that is actually up in the tree. It is bungeed to the upper limbs. Many people sit in the bench right underneath without ever looking up. I thought it was pretty clever. I won't give away the cache, in case anyone wants the challenge.

One note, I did have to sit up in the tree for quite a while waiting for the couple below to leave before I dropped down. Funny the things people will say when they think no one can hear. icon_wink.gif

stealyourcache.jpg

I'm not as young as I used to be...

It takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

There is a cache here in LA in the Santa Monica Mountains that is actually up in the tree. It is bungeed to the upper limbs. Many people sit in the bench right underneath without ever looking up. I thought it was pretty clever. I won't give away the cache, in case anyone wants the challenge.

One note, I did have to sit up in the tree for quite a while waiting for the couple below to leave before I dropped down. Funny the things people will say when they think no one can hear. icon_wink.gif

stealyourcache.jpg

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

Lucky you didn't sneeze or something! icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The Heavenly Host:

http://www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru/images/stealyourcache.jpg

-Dru Morgan http://www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

Lucky you didn't sneeze or something! icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The Heavenly Host:

http://www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru/images/stealyourcache.jpg

-Dru Morgan http://www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

Warning, this post contains spoilers for Bill and Gary's Adventure cache in the Detroit area. The metro Park people have hidden a multi cache in one of their parks here where one stage is hidden inside an underground sprinkler control box they burried near some trees. Top of it is flush with the ground so a few leaves and it's hidden. The next stage, they built a bluebird house with two compartments, the top for the birds, the bottom for the cache box. Each one gives more info about the creation of the park and the topography of the area. Can't wait for them to do another.

There's one on the outskirts of Vegas that pretty neat-o. Creepy Caches #2 or something.

SPOILER: It's hidden in this HUGE(1-2 acre) pet cemetary just off the highway that you can't see until your in the brush. The clue leads you to a "fake" gravesite and when you remove the stones and find a 10 gallon bucket buried in the ground almost to the top.

There's also another one that's hidden in downtown Chicago called "Mag Mile News"

SPOILER: It's hidden down inside a Free-newspaper box on a street corner.

There's another multi-cache near Charlotte, NC.

SPOILER: First clue leads to an old abandoned house with a huge compass painted on the side with numbers by the North and West side to give you GPS co-ordinates for the second part of the multi. Non-geocachers must look at it all the time and go "WTF?".

One more I can remember is Santa Clause cache in Southern Ohio.

SPOILER: It's hidden out in the woods and the remains of an old chimney stand alone. The cache is down inside.

And then You also have all of my caches, which kick-@ss as well.