Groundspeak newsletter

still not liking the newest Groundspeak weekly newsletter - cutoff for dates of upcoming events too short to plan for trips - suggest it should be 3months at least...

Kinda hard when most events are not published until maybe a month before they happen. As a PM you can set up notifications for events.

And I may be wrong- but I'm sure events go onto the newsletter when they're published regardless of the ever date.

Am I the only one that is dismayed by the further spread of grey to the newsletter? The contrast of the text has been reduced, making it a bit tougher to read when scanning. When I viewed it on my laptop, the event and new cache sections pretty much blended together when I was scrolling. The break just isn't obvious enough.

...and what's with the obsession with fixed-width? The newsletter looked far better when it fit my screen no matter which device I was using. Now I have to scroll forever because the list of Megas is squished horizontally and pretty much doubles the vertical height of the entire newsletter.

Groundspeak: Please stop tinkering and catering to the squeaky wheel. Find out what your users want (and I don't mean the few that have complained to you), come up with a plan, implement it, test it, then release it into the wild. Your general membership should not be used as beta-testers and you wouldn't have to make so many changes if you asked what we wanted before going ahead and implementing it.

Am I the only one that is dismayed by the further spread of grey to the newsletter? The contrast of the text has been reduced, making it a bit tougher to read when scanning. When I viewed it on my laptop, the event and new cache sections pretty much blended together when I was scrolling. The break just isn't obvious enough.

...and what's with the obsession with fixed-width? The newsletter looked far better when it fit my screen no matter which device I was using. Now I have to scroll forever because the list of Megas is squished horizontally and pretty much doubles the vertical height of the entire newsletter.

Groundspeak: Please stop tinkering and catering to the squeaky wheel. Find out what your users want (and I don't mean the few that have complained to you), come up with a plan, implement it, test it, then release it into the wild. Your general membership should not be used as beta-testers and you wouldn't have to make so many changes if you asked what we wanted before going ahead and implementing it.

+1

Maybe this is one of those better mistakes tomorrow?

Hmm....the Nearby Events section doesn't seem to be showing the nearest events. The nearest event in my most recent newsletter is over 21 miles away. I know for a fact that there is an event less than 3 miles away in July (the event was posted on May 13th and the newsletter was sent out on May 28th).

Perhaps they are only highlighting the next 2 weeks of events? If so, I would have appreciated knowing there was specific criteria in the heading (i.e. Nearest Events Being Held in the next 2 Weeks).

still not liking the newest Groundspeak weekly newsletter - cutoff for dates of upcoming events too short to plan for trips - suggest it should be 3months at least...

What is the cutoff date? Seems to be 2 weeks.

I'd like to see at least 2 months for the stated reason.

Is anyone else having trouble with the Groundspeak newsletter? For the past two weeks - since the new format appeared -- there are NO caches listed under the new caches section. Surely someone has hidden a cache within 100 miles of my location.

Also, for several weeks the newsletter no longer arrives on Thursday. Some weeks it is six days late, if it arrives at all. What's going on?

+1

Maybe this is one of those better mistakes tomorrow?

Uh huh. :)