Important to write the cordinates on the log? (nano)

torkel72

I can't write that tiny to fit all the cordinates on the line where it's supposed to go. Can I write them on the back eventually?

You don't need to write the coordinates on the log at all. Once you've gotten to the log, there's no further need for the coordinates. For a nano, all you need to do is sign it, usually with a shortened form of your caching name.

Choosed Greenad#1 as my the name for my first. GA and Green were taken.

I'm confused. Are you actually creating a totally new account with a shorter name? For caches with small logs, all you need to do is write a shorter version of your name, like "GA", but you would still log online under the same account. The cache owner just needs a way to match up signatures in the log to the online logs. Most owners would be able to figure out that "GA" must match up with "greenadventure".

Thank you! :-)

Choosed Greenad#1 as my the name for my first. GA and Green were taken. Would you have choosed different shortened name? GAD#1 might have been better...

For a nano, G#1 is a quite sufficient log signature. Some cachers then mention online that they signed a shortened version of their name. I don't bother, and my CR has never been questioned.

If you are part of a group that signed a group name for everyone (to save space), do mention being part of that group in your online log.

My registered name is Chief301 but I usually sign nanos as just C301

Sometimes when I'm caching with my kids I'll sign logs with a made up team name for the day, just to save time and space on tiny log sheets. But if I do that I'll note on my online log , Signed log as Team _______. As long as the CO has some means to reconcile the online log with the log sheet. But most CO's don't bother matching up signatures to the online log unless there's some indication that the log is bogus.

I can't write that tiny to fit all the cordinates on the line where it's supposed to go. Can I write them on the back eventually?

Are you asking if you need to write the location coordinates on the log sheet of a cache YOU are placing for others to find?

I find that guideline not applicable to the nano sized caches and have not done that on the nano-sized cache I have placed.