Instincts

JamesJM

I can't get my family interested in geocaching. Oh sure, they enjoy the occasional "treasure hunt", if it's not out of the way, but to do it on a regular basis is not in the cards.

Sooooo, I'm at home and getting the typical lecture about my 'obsession'...(only in jest, they like my hobby). I decide to give them a 'quest'.

In our junk drawer I find an old whistle. I go into the living room and announce that I'll be hiding it in my front yard...(very large, over 2 acres), and I'll set the GPS for them so they can get the 'feel' of it.

I hide the whistle.

I come back inside and hand the GPS to my oldest daughter, already set to lock in on the cache.

My wife, two daughters, two grandsons, and one son-in-law take off for the treasure hunt.

Now I did not witness this next part, sadly, but this is what happened.

They zoned in on the SW corner of my yard and began searching...no luck. They continued searching for several minutes and then heard a 'whistle'.

That's right. My grandson, the youngest one, 1 yr 5 mths, had the whistle in his mouth.

I had REALLY hidden it. It was under a small leaf lying on my front lawn.

I have found my geocaching partner. - JamesJM

The Force is strong with this one...train him you must...

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.---Matthew 13:44

Matt & Julia

To view our online geocaching diary/blog, click here

I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets, because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.

- Jack Handey (aka Jack Handy)

Geosense or perspective? I've got two little ones and sometimes you have to get down to their level to see what they see. Could be the tall ones couldn't see the object from above where he could with his (lower) angle of view. Still a beneficial asset when cache hunting icon_smile.gif

-----

Matt

K7MTO