Uriwigo to iPhone Command Bug?

ATXTracker

I've run into a problem in a cartridge I'm building where I have an item with 8 commands. When I play it on the iPhone app, and I click on one of the eight commands, it appears to be executing one of the eight commands randomly and not the command I selected. If I remove two of the commands, so there are 6 total, then it works correctly. This is not a problem with my garmin or with the urwigo emulator (with all 8 commands).

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

John

Very interesting ! I've never seen it but heard about it. A player reports to me, that some commands of an item were jumbled. And this item has 8 commands. Besides it would be important to know whether it depends too, if the commands are visible or invisible or both. And : It seems this is happening only sometimes. Not possible to reproduce it at any time.

A workaround as a prevention would be never to use items and characters with more than 6 commands, visble or not.

In most cases it is possible to partition the commands on 2 items. I have an item "Setup/Info/Help" with 8 commands and I think I will make 2 : "Setup" (3 commands) and "Info/Help" (5 commands)

Anyone who can test this on an iPhone (4 & 5) ? Simply create an item with 8 commands. First all of them set to visible, then hide 3 or 4 of them or toggle it.

I just gave it a test on an iphone 4s. Created a cartridge with 1 item with 8 commands (Named "Command 1", "Command 2", etc). Each command is meant to bring up a message with its name when it is executed.

It doesn't work properly. The commands don't appear in order (they appear in the order 3, 1, 6, 5, 4, 2, 8, 7). Command 3 does nothing. The rest of the commands execute the command for one above it in the list (ie: command 1 says "Command 3"; command 6 says "Command 1", etc).

I created a second version with 7 commands and it has the same fault.

I then created a third version with 6 commands and it works properly (ie: although the commands are out of order they still execute properly with command 1 saying "Command 1", command 2 saying "Command 2", etc).

Cheers,

Geoff aka Tyreless

The issue with the wrong order is a known problem, but not sooooo important. It occurs always too, if 1 command hides another one and vice versa. But that Command3 shows "I am Command 5" is very fatally.

And does it depends on player version or the device too ? But this doesn't matter, I never will use items with 6 commands (unvisble included)in future, respectively I will split my "Setup/Info/Help" item.

Would it be possible to publish the test cartridge (GWC and GWZ)?

Yes, but give me a couple of days. It's the weekend now here in Australia and I won't be back in the office with the urwigo files for a couple of days - I'm going to be out finding caches :-)

Geoff aka Tyreless

The solution for the strange order the commands are displayed is, because the pairs() Lua command didn't give the entries in a defined order. Each element in a table could be the first one. Even in tables with an index.

So, if the app goes twice through the list, it could happen, that the first time it gets 3, 1, 6, 5, 4, 2, 8, 7, the next time it gets 6, 7, 5, 4, 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and returns the wrong command.

All this are only speculations.