Hoping for event donations :)

jpbarr

Hi all,

I am hoping for some help with event prizes. I will be hosting 2 events this Summer. One has only just been decided, my wife thought it was a good idea to have a birthday event this year. As my birthday is the 29th April the event will be the 27th or 29th.

And the second will be in July or August. Eesti Summer Bash.

The birthday event will be submitted today and I will post the details and we are working on the details for the Summer bash right now.

Anything Geocaching related that you could donate for the games and prize draw would be great. We are also starting the fund raising for the first Estonian Mega event which is planned for 2015 so any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all and i will keep you upto date about the events.

Why is this in the Geocoin Discussions Forums?

You're looking for contributions for an event.

This should be in the Scandinavia and Baltic countries Forums.

Cerberus, please read through past posts. We geocoiners have always posted here and I personally have given Geocoins and other things to fellow coiner's events and have received for my events too :)

This has been accepted within this forum.

Greetings! I always wondered how this worked. We're hosting our first CITO event http://coord.info/GC494VK, April 20, the first CITO in the area in about 4 years. I have some general door-prize type stuff for give-aways, but a coin or two would be a welcomed addition. Proper acknowledgment of donors will be included, of course. PM or email me through my Profile, and thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.

Greetings! I always wondered how this worked. We're hosting our first CITO event http://coord.info/GC494VK, April 20, the first CITO in the area in about 4 years. I have some general door-prize type stuff for give-aways, but a coin or two would be a welcomed addition. Proper acknowledgment of donors will be included, of course. PM or email me through my Profile, and thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.

Have sent you a PM :laughing:

Please also PM me if you can donate some door prizes or travel bugs to my event.

Guys I know that that finding door prizes is not easy and this is a great way to ask the Geocoin community for help but high-jacking someone elses thread to do it is a bit off. I have offered one of my Estonian coins to the first one to ask, JBnW, as I also like to give back to the community but please understand that this is a specific thread for a specific event and not a general thread about donations. Thanks.

On a lighter note, huge thanks to everyone so far that has donated to our event, things are moving swiftly. I am now in the process of putting together our Mega event committee and have an appointment today with the District Governor to see if we can get them to be one of our Official Sponsors :) Wish me luck.

Edited by jpbarr

Please also PM me if you can donate some door prizes or travel bugs to my event.

Guys I know that that finding door prizes is not easy and this is a great way to ask the Geocoin community for help but high-jacking someone elses thread to do it is a bit off. I have offered one of my Estonian coins to the first one to ask, JBnW, as I also like to give back to the community but please understand that this is a specific thread for a specific event and not a general thread about donations. Thanks.

On a lighter note, huge thanks to everyone so far that has donated to our event, things are moving swiftly. I am now in the process of putting together our Mega event committee and have an appointment today with the District Governor to see if we can get them to be one of our Official Sponsors :) Wish me luck.

If anything it makes me wonder if we should have a topic about people who post a thread asking for coin donations, and how much we should trust them. Why not? All decent parties would benefit.

If anything it makes me wonder if we should have a topic about people who post a thread asking for coin donations, and how much we should trust them. Why not? All decent parties would benefit.

That's a fair point, whenever I have sent anything to people for an event I ask for, and 9 times out of 10 get, a photo of what I have donated at the event itself. Or at least be named on the website or event page as a sponsor and do the same for anyone that sends to me.

Plus, most of the people that I have sent donations too have been established members of this forum. :)

That's a fair point, whenever I have sent anything to people for an event I ask for, and 9 times out of 10 get, a photo of what I have donated at the event itself. Or at least be named on the website or event page as a sponsor and do the same for anyone that sends to me.

Plus, most of the people that I have sent donations too have been established members of this forum. :)

Agreed. Which makes it more than a fair point. You are certainly free to give your coin to anyone.

But if you post your request in a gc.com forum or a local forum you are obligated to provide results. Let's not pretend 9/10 othewise.

Good luck, sounds like an awesome opportunity to promote our sport/hobby. !!!

Please email me an address and I will find something!

Thanks a lot, email on its way.

package on its way. dang that postage is expensive!

I have seen that shipping prices have gone up in the US, so I am doubly grateful for anything sent :) They will be put to good fundraising use.

I now have 3 local Geocachers signed up as mega organizing committee and the meeting with your county District Governor was not only positive but has offered to sponsor the event by supplying the location for us....Very cool.

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have not updated the thread before.

I have had a great response from many of you and it has kicked of the Mega event fundraising very well. My event on Saturday, although had a small turn out, has netted me the rest of the organizing committee :cool:

A huge thanks to Author Morgan Talbot for the signed copies of her Geocaching murder mystery books, Jackhoe, Dr.Neal, GC Lillith, Kini_ont, mo pirate and memoreb for being the first to help sponsor Estonia's first Mega event.

As you can see there is a nice collection of prize goodies from them all.

img096s.jpg

Of course, I still have a long way to go, so any all help, ideas and donations will be very welcome.

So here is a big update about our Halloween event and the trackbles.

Anyone that came to our first one last year will know that it should not be missed.

Here are this years trackable: monstersball2013mintnew.jpg

All info can be found on our website:

Monsters'Ball Tallinn 2013

There will be a fantastic Night Cache that has to be seen to be believed, we hope :lostsignal:

You can also follow the lead up to the event by joining Marvin the Mummy on his Facebook page

Marvin the Mummy

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Thanks to all that have donated so far it goes a long way to helping.

Edited by jpbarr