Best GPS for under $200.00

Been caching for a while and I'm just starting to hide some caches. I borrowed a friends Oregon 300 to hide a series of 6 cashes and it worked quite well. Unfortunately I don't have $350 to spend on a new gpsr . I'm looking for something under $200.00 that I can use for finding and hiding caches. What's my best option?

What would you suggest for an entry level gps?

They all work the same... some just have more bells 'n whistles.

I would not go to the cheapest of a line for ANY make. You most certainly would be left wanting.

Pay close attention in your research, and make sure it is "paperless". The Garmin 60CSx is a super GPSr, but it is not paperless -- just so you know. If you do not get a paperless unit, you will want to upgrade before long, so skip that step.

Check all of the manufacturer websites (Garmin, Delorme, Magellan, Lowrance). They are easy enough to find with a Google search.

They will have prices, but remember, they will show MSRP and can usually be had for less elsewhere.

What would you suggest for an entry level gps?

I really didn't know what I wanted other than a GPS that could do paperless geocaching.

In my case I had a $200 CDN limit and went with middle unit of Garmin's entry level GPS line and purchased an eTrex 20. I do not regret the purchase.

The only thing I wish it had was an electronic compass, but the price difference between the eTrex 20 and the eTrex 30 at the time was too much.

Was also looking at the Garmin E-trex 10 (pricing)

Honestly, I wouldn't.

The included basemap is pretty much useless and you can't load custom maps on the eTrex 10, so that is a huge limitation.

In a short time you'll be looking to upgrade, so save some more money and go to the 20 if you want something from the new eTrex line.

I am currently caching with my Garmin Nuvi 1350 so I'm already left wanting. I don't know how but it works for me. I'm looking for something cheep that will allow me to get some fairly accurate coordinance for hiding caches. Trying to do it with the nuvi got me in all sorts of trouble. Would be nice to have something a little more rugged and suited for Geocaching.