what the Heck? Where am I?

Went to go check out an unfamiliar area yesterday using coordinates from Google. Know almost nothing about the area (it's 50 miles away), so i plugged in a google earth coordinate set and went on my merry way. 3 hours and 50$ worth of gas later i'm lost. The GPS or Google put me nearly 25 miles from my projected position. It honestly left me saying, after i gave up and went home to check the coordinates, "What the Heck?!?!?". Google had .21 degrees added to both lat and long. What is this problem??? the only way i can navigate using coordinates is to find the location on Google Earth, plug in the coord's and head off. If i'm going hiking, this is hopeless! Please help if you can!

NOTE: I set all my stuff to use the decimal coordinate format. i.e N 50.12345, W 102.67891 etc. Could this be a problem?

Edited by Saddle Mountain Man

To Glitchy: Yes those are not the real coordinates. just an example.

To Suscrofa: Off topic?

To Star Brand: Yes, it is all set to WGS84. Double-checked the format, it is all in decimals.

To Lil Devil: I'm not that stupid! I checked it all and it's all in decimals.

However... I used Google Earth on a different computer and the coordinates match! Maybe i'll re-install the program on my main computer.