souvenirs?

Rustynails

I usually dont give a crap about souvenirs. But the 12-12-12 is a rare one. I attended an event but never got a souvenir. On 11-11-11 I attended TWO events and found many caches. What going on? Is there a problem with Groundspeak"s computer? Why am I NOT getting these souvenirs?

Geocaching > Souvenir Details

12-12-12 Artist Name:

Roxxy

Additional Information:

This souvenir commemorates the last calendar alignment this century. The 12-12-12 souvenir was awarded to anyone who logged an "Attended" for an Event Cache or a "Found it" on another cache type on December 12, 2012.

Edited by rustynails.

yep, send that email--and there was no 11-11-11 souvenir, they didn't do one for that.

That is, they displayed what looked like a souvenir, but never said that it would be awarded -- that 'got' a lot of folks.

Many considered it to have been a bait 'n switch maneuver. Truth is... many saw the "souvenir" drawing but few read the caption closely enough, or more likely, read something into it that really wasn't there.

yep, send that email--and there was no 11-11-11 souvenir, they didn't do one for that.

That is, they displayed what looked like a souvenir, but never said that it would be awarded -- that 'got' a lot of folks.

Many considered it to have been a bait 'n switch maneuver. Truth is... many saw the "souvenir" drawing but few read the caption closely enough, or more likely, read something into it that really wasn't there.

Are you thinking of EarthCache Day? That's when a piece of art used for the weekly mailer was unfortunately interpreted to be art for a souvenir.

rustynails., I've added the 12/12/12 souvenir to your account.

Are you thinking of EarthCache Day? That's when a piece of art used for the weekly mailer was unfortunately interpreted to be art for a souvenir.

While you're at it ny chance of removing the Texas one from my profile, it came from a traveling cache I found in BC.

I sent a request back in July but no luck.

While you're at it ny chance of removing the Texas one from my profile, it came from a traveling cache I found in BC.

I see that you wrote in in July about removing the California souvenir; that was removed. There is no mention of a Texas souvenir. Please send another email to contact@geocaching.com to have Texas removed; that is a better way than the forums, as it helps us better track the issues.

I see that you wrote in in July about removing the California souvenir; that was removed. There is no mention of a Texas souvenir. Please send another email to contact@geocaching.com to have Texas removed; that is a better way than the forums, as it helps us better track the issues.

thought I asked for both as I got them at the same time and the California one wasn't removed, I actually drove to Californina to earn it, I will write in again.

Please send another email to contact@geocaching.com to have Texas removed; that is a better way than the forums, as it helps us better track the issues.

I know that this may be a lot to ask, but can you give us any indication regarding whether or not GS is even considering reinstating the release of country/region based souvenirs? The fact that you want to keep track of issues might lead one to believe that the souvenirs features isn't as dead as it often appears to be.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

Thank You for your help.

Edited by rustynails.