Milestone Overrides?

Gustav129

Looking at my profile, I noticed a section in Statistics called Milestone Overrides.

It has different caches than what I know my milestones are (100, 200, and 300). For #1, it has a certain virtual cache I did, so I went to the cache page and scrolled back to see my log. In my log, I stated that that was my 3rd cache find for the day.

I know my 300 is off from my logs, because I had found out I had traveled and done a virtual and didn't realize there as a virtual (at a time I was not geocaching, I visited my parents and had pictures taken). So I went by what was in my pictures and logged the virtual for the dates I was home.

Edited by gustav129

I suspect that the website counts your caches in the order in which you actually log them online.

In your example regarding your #1 cache being the third of your day, was it the first one you logged online? How could the website know which cache you did first out in the field?

I suspect that the website counts your caches in the order in which you actually log them online.

In your example regarding your #1 cache being the third of your day, was it the first one you logged online? How could the website know which cache you did first out in the field?

This is correct. If you do cache A then B and finally C but log them online as B then A and finally C, C will still be the third and last cache you did that day, but B will be the first one you did, not A.