Who says power trails are boring?

geocat_

Fun= is being with your friends

Boring= when you do most of the work (running to the cache)

Fun= finding baby lizards under the rocks

Boring= they are almost all the same pile of rocks

Fun= being in a different locale finding these caches

Boring= logging the same thing on all those caches cause they were all the same.

Edited by jellis

I've enjoyed power trails. boring = spending 20 minutes in one place and not finding anything. Fun is what you make of it. I refuse to robo-sign and that forces me to find something interesting and different to say about each one. It's only boring if you get obsessed with numbers and ignore the journey.

Boring= logging the same thing on all those caches cause they were all the same.

Aren't you just telling others how to play the game, that's all you are all doing, imposing your ideas of what is fun on others. There's a reason the E.T. highway has so many finds and so many favourites, people have fun, imagine that!

Aren't you just telling others how to play the game, that's all you are all doing, imposing your ideas of what is fun on others. There's a reason the E.T. highway has so many finds and so many favourites, people have fun, imagine that!

Wow! Where did that come from? I took it that she was telling us what part of her experience was fun and what was boring.

It seemed to me that Jellis was giving her view of caching, not anyone else's.

I did a power trail I enjoyed. It was in a forest. It had creative containers that got a lot of favorite points. Any power trail that has a number of caches with a whole lot of favorite points is worth checking out.

Guess not all power trails are equal.

I would probably get bored with a power trail along side of a highway though. I'd try it to be sure though. Maybe.

My experiences with the police have always been great as long as I'm kind, friendly and polite with the officer.

Well except that one that pulled me over during a torrential downpour and I couldn't find my insurance card (I had a light that JUST went out). He got pretty wet while waiting and was pretty mad about that. When I later sent in a copy of my insurance card I included a note saying I was very sorry he had to come to my car in the rain and I would have been happy to come to his, but I know that's not allowed. I also said I'm sorry his job takes him out in bad rain like that, but it was he who pulled me over, not me pulling him over. I wrote that they should listen to the recording. It was obvious the guy was really in a foul mood in the foul weather. They retracted the ticket.

Most of the time they ask me how I'm doing if I'm pulled over, and I say, "GREAT!" because I usually am in spite of them pulling me over, and they always seem surprised and happy to hear that from someone.

It pays to be friendly.

Wow! Where did that come from? I took it that she was telling us what part of her experience was fun and what was boring.

Hmmm, my bad. I actually pre-typed that post waiting for and appropriate response to apply it to. Seems I must have hit submit, I had no intention to but I'm sure my reply will be relevant to a soon upcoming post. After all there are a re huge number of people here with opinions how others should play the game.

Jellis, my apologies, I have been banned for a week for laughing out loud.

Edited by Roman!

Hmmm, my bad. I actually pre-typed that post waiting for and appropriate response to apply it to. Seems I must have hit submit, I had no intention to but I'm sure my reply will be relevant to a soon upcoming post. After all there are a re huge number of people here with opinions how others should play the game.

Instead of banning you for your feeble forum foolishness, Groundspeak has decided to levy a penalty of 1 brand new laptop, which can be shipped directly to Mrs Incredible. :ph34r:

Instead of banning you for your feeble forum foolishness, Groundspeak has decided to levy a penalty of 1 brand new laptop, which can be shipped directly to Mrs Incredible. :ph34r:

Nah, they banned me.

boring = spending 20 minutes in one place and not finding anything. Fun is what you make of it.

Fun is what you make of it.

Give me 60 minutes at a scenic vista or a unique bit of Americana and I could walk away with a DNF and be perfectly happy, thanking the cache owner for bringing me there. Give me 15 seconds at an uninspired location, with an easily found, inferior container, a copy/paste cache page and the thought of having to relive that moment of tedium hundreds, if not thousands of times, and I'd likely want to pull my hair out.

There's a reason the E.T. highway has so many finds and so many favourites, people have fun, imagine that!

Yup. People are having fun. For those who find quantity more important than quality, power trails are a good thing. Though I wonder about the amount of favorite points you cite. Picking one at random, I see it has almost 1000 finds, but only 3 favorite points. That's actually pretty low. I was kind of expecting it to be low, given that dang near every entry I saw on the cache page was as copied/pasted as the caches and the cache page. But looking at the start of the trail, I see a whole bunch of favorites. Maybe that's the protocol? Only give favorites to the start, in representation of the whole? Even there, less than half of the premium members awarded it favorite points. That one actually surprised me a bit. If I were a numbers oriented cacher, and I drove/flew out to Nevada for the sole purpose of engaging in some mind numbing tedium to crank up my numbers, I would certainly award a favorite point to the cache which started my run.

Wow, it's not often that an troll Christmas Elf admits such things.

:)

That is the sort of experience that makes you want to write in and praise him for doing his job in such a nice manner. Funny too, because it is all too easy to not pay attention to who is following you. Popoki Nui seems to be able to sniff out the police cars, whether they are marked and round the corner unseen, or a ghost car. Certainly makes a caching day and log a darn sight more interesting when one has an "encounter," I'm sure!

So would I need a loaded gun to cache in that area?

On the Camino Diablo you might want to carry one, I had my ppk and 2 clips when I did it and you can open carry there with no problem.

Also there are some awesome desert views, especially around sun up or sun down

I guess i wont go