Galaxy S3 problem

hi can anyone help me please i recently got c:geo on the S3 but it keeps telling me i cant log in and to check login setting my GPS is all working fine i can get cache details but not the map or distance to them and it is now annoying me and geokids :( any help would be greatfully recieved.

Why don't you try a app that uses the approved API rather than that screen scraper? It probably does not work due to the recent updates to the web site.

I use NeonGeo. It works great! No log on problems with it. Also, I have tried CacheMaid, and it is quite nice as well. The official Geocaching.com app is also quite solid.

Amen to what Andronicus said. The-app-that-shall-not-be-named will always be one site update away from being broken, because it doesn't use the site-approved API.

NeonGeo has a lot of nice features, though its interface could use a freshening. For example, you look up a cache by name in the search field above the list of loaded caches. But if you want to look it up by the waypoint ID, you have to back out to the opening screen, and then press the phone's menu key, which will then display a "quick look up" option. I had to ask on their forum to get that info, since it's quite unintuitive.

But you can do things like display the cache's area in satellite view, scroll around until you find a place to park, then just press and hold on that spot, and you'll be given the option to use Google Navigation to take you to the parking area. You can also create a template for a signature line, that can include date and time info, as well as the sequential find number. Unfortunately, you can only create a template for Find logs. Hopefully this will change in a later release.

And lastly, you get a free 30 day unrestricted trial, before you need to buy it (and it's cheap, compared to some others).

Locus is worth taking a look at. Add the Geocaching4Locus and Locus Map tweak addon (for extra map sources). For an excellent mapping / Geocaching app.

It allows you to download maps and PQ's, for off line use. So that you can continue Geocaching where the mobile data signal gives out.

The development is very active, and its an approved `Live` app.