Feedback on coin design & minting- proxy or not?

Doctor A

I wanted to get people's feedback on this geocoin design and gauge interest in purchasing the coin. If I mint it just as a single coin, it'd probably cost about $12 per coin, plus shipping, and if I do it with a proxy coin, it'd probably be $15 a coin plus shipping. Please comment on what you think of the design and if you'd have a preference for the proxy or not?

42514601-a8df-4ee1-8090-443f73da9c70.jpg?rnd=0.04260814

Interested in purchase - probably a yes

What would color options/finishes be - if any ? Pic seems to indicate some very passive tones, but not sure.

Would also like to know ahead of time what the story behind it would be. It obviously has a story to tell.

Proxy, not really. If we wanted one we could get a replicoin type through gxproxy for the same price ... 'IF' we wanted one.

Design is VERY nice. Appealing.

My plan is to mint it in gold and silver- most likely a satin or antique silver and the same in gold. I'm uploading the gold mock-up, although it doesn't look as good on the computer, which I was warned about, but it'll give you an idea.

The story behind it is that I wanted to do a second "Cachin' Cats" geocoin for my family, and I have a white cat named Angel, so she was kind of the model. I'd minted the first Cachin' Cats coin and also designed the Breast Cancer Angel geocoin, so this was sort of a melding of those two coins, to make a breast cancer cat angel. I decided that I didn't want it to be an "awareness" coin, because after all, you'd have to be a hermit to not be "aware" of diabetes (represented by the blue circle) or breast cancer. But I wanted it to be a "tribute" to those who've dealt with either or both diseases. Since I've had the luck (said sarcastically...) to be saddled with both, I wanted the symbols intertwined. And then I wanted there to be a space where someone could have something engraved on it, to honor someone, or to convey a message, or to identify themselves or whatever they might choose to put there, but a way to personalize the coin, if so desired.

1649bb7c-4677-4b19-940b-e7982e203966.jpg?rnd=0.7278864

Thanks for the backstory. Makes sense. Color choice would be good imo.

After looking again ... does the ribbon and circle look more like a branding on the hind-quarter ?? Would probably cause some major design change, but would a tag around the cat's neck be more appealing than a branding ??

Granted, the appearance looks more balanced right now, but a neck-tag seems more appropriate ... just sayin'

Edited by nevadanick

I thought about doing some in color, like the first Cachin' Cats had been done, but sinde it's supposed to be an Angel, no other colors really made sense, aside from the white. And no other finishes really seemed like they'd work, aside from silver or gold with the design. So that limited the number of variations I'll be making.

I suppose something around the neck might work, but I really wanted to curled up kitty sleeping, and didn't want to take away the way the paws are curled up. So if it was a cat sitting up and showing mroe of their front/neck area, that might look cool, but I wanted this pose. And then I wanted to emblem to be fairly large, so using this pose left a large area on the back to have the ribbon/circle.

Thanks for the feedback- I haven't quite made up my mind about the proxy idea yet, it's something new to me, so I'm still trying to decide. The coin obviously has personal meaning to me, so I'm hoping to get it minted in the next couple of months- I just have to quit dithering and make some decisions!