Redux

TxVic

I would guess an existing cache has been archived and reactivated or moved to a new location.

That would be my answer as well especially since Merriam-Webster online dictionary states: "Definition of REDUX: brought back —used postpositively Origin of REDUX Latin, returning, from reducere to lead back

First Known Use: 1860"

Thanks for all the replies. I searched on Google in connection with geocaching, not just for redux itself. I didn't think it was a word, thought it was another acronym.

I could have emailed the CO, but I have seen it used in quite a few names. Besides, I thought that these forums were for new people to ask questions and just maybe someone else was wondering as well. I know that I have learned much from reading through them and appreciate the time that seasoned cachers spend to help out the new people. Someday, I will too. :D

Thanks for all the replies. I searched on Google in connection with geocaching, not just for redux itself. I didn't think it was a word, thought it was another acronym.

I could have emailed the CO, but I have seen it used in quite a few names. Besides, I thought that these forums were for new people to ask questions and just maybe someone else was wondering as well. I know that I have learned much from reading through them and appreciate the time that seasoned cachers spend to help out the new people. Someday, I will too. :D

Don't take it personal if someone tells you to e-mail the CO. There are some things we shouldn't answer here, but for most questions the forums are a good place to go. Someone else may very well be wondering as well. B)

Don't take it personal if someone tells you to e-mail the CO. There are some things we shouldn't answer here, but for most questions the forums are a good place to go. Someone else may very well be wondering as well. B)

This ↑↑↑

and... it is very "un-kosher" to help somebody solve puzzles in the forums. True, it does not seem that you were trying to work out a puzzle, but quite often folks are directed back to the CO if they question something about a cache -- rightfully so.

Your question was not wrong, nor were any of the responses given (as it seems to me).

I believe in the U.S., redux is often used in indicate something "redone", a variance of "brought back".