Merit Awards

jbuyense

Ok I've seen posts about how to hack your awards.ini file on the Magellan Explorist GC to unlock awards and merits. I can't seem to find the correct way to unlock these items! If you know or have a link to it, please let me know!

@jbuyensee227c4de-17d2-4bfd-9412-a9d7c7065988.jpg

You just unlock them by marking caches as found on it, as you find them. I was wondering why anyone would want to do this, but I could imagine you found caches previously with another GPS unit or phone, and want them in your statistics on it. I'd suggest loading them on it, and marking them as found. I think. :huh:

click HERE and go to the bottom of the page.

Yes, Magellan has hidden wallpapers and stuff you can unlock. I've never heard of anyone wanting to hack their awards and merits though. I got one for XMAS last year, and it tells me I've found 129 caches with it. I'm sure there are a few I forgot to mark as found. Either way, I just roll with the stats (that you have to go out of your way to look at), as being since I got the thing. :)

I don't want to hack my awards. If I wanted to, I found out how to already. I just wanted to know what is required for the following:

Trifecta – original cache

Trifecta – ape cache

Trifecta – headquarters cache

antique compass

futuristic compass

nature background

sleuth/spy background

antique map background

treasure map background

dinosaurs waypoint icons

insects/bugs waypoint icons

nature/tree/flower waypoint...

I can not seem to find that anywhere!

Thanks @jbuyense

I don't want to hack my awards. If I wanted to, I found out how to already. I just wanted to know what is required for the following:

Trifecta – original cache

Trifecta – ape cache

Trifecta – headquarters cache

antique compass

futuristic compass

nature background

sleuth/spy background

antique map background

treasure map background

dinosaurs waypoint icons

insects/bugs waypoint icons

nature/tree/flower waypoint...

I can not seem to find that anywhere!

Thanks @jbuyense

Hey, you taught me something. There is a Twitter BB code command. Who knew that, I didn't know that.

The antique and futuristic compass have been linked to in this thread, I believe. I found the antique and treasure map backgrounds at Exploristforum.com last winter. However, that forum was sold and redesigned about a month ago, and those posts seem to be gone. You can make your own backgrounds, as long as they are a specific size in Pixcels, but I don't know what that size is. I roll with the treasure map background myself for several months now. And if there's anything I didn't refer to, that's because I've never heard of it myself. :lol:

You can ask at Magellaninsiders.com although the owner of that forum monitors this sub-forum, and may answer here himself. Or the previously mentioned exploristforum.com very, very knowledgeable people both places.