HELLO ? where is it?

YaYa&PaPa

I see the cache was last found Sept. 25, and several times recently before that. It may still be there, but the hide may be tricky - did you read previous logs and the hint?

Or...the hide spot has been removed since the last find, but since no DNFs have been posted there's no way the owner would know there's an issue. I notice you didn't post a DNF - did you try contacting the owner?

Edited by hydnsek

I see the cache was last found Sept. 25. Either it's still there or the hide spot has been removed in the interim, but since no DNFs have been posted there's no way the owner would know there's an issue. I notice you didn't post a DNF - did you try contacting the owner?

Just sent him a email. I like to try twice before I DNF. I only get to Greenville once a week so I will check again next week. unless I hear from the CO

I see the cache was last found Sept. 25. Either it's still there or the hide spot has been removed in the interim, but since no DNFs have been posted there's no way the owner would know there's an issue. I notice you didn't post a DNF - did you try contacting the owner?

Just sent him a email. I like to try twice before I DNF. I only get to Greenville once a week so I will check again next week. unless I hear from the CO

Please don't do that. If you don't find it, log a DNF. That is the system that we all depend on. The cache owner depends on it, and cachers yet to come depend on it. That's what its there for, and we ALL DNF caches, even simple ones.

As to the cache itself... Google's Street View shows that it is in a small grassy island with a phone pole and some other things. The logs indicate good camo, something probably constructed just for the spot, I suspect. It sounds to me like a cache that you wouldn't want to have spoiled... that will ruin your surprise.

Sorry but if you search and Do Not Find that's a DNF. It is not a badge of dishonor but it the best thing that can happen to a cache, a cache owner and other cachers when a cache is missing. Please post your DNFs, had someone else posted one it might have saved you a trip.

Looking for this cach http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC220Y5

The Satalite map puts it at a EMPTY lot. The Photo taken at the cach is of a building and a couple guys using an old pay phone.

Went searching today and there is NOTHING at ground zero. If The building and phone are now gone, why is the cache still listed

Did you check the telephone pole? How about the smaller pole nearby?

I'm willing to bet that the red 4 door car parked nearby in Google street view is a cacher.

Went searching today and there is NOTHING at ground zero. If The building and phone are now gone, why is the cache still listed

Google Street View has a GREAT shot of the spot. A kind of desolate spot. If it was found on 9/25, has the building been razed in the past 2 weeks? The Geocaching map shows construction equipment, Google Maps shows an empty lot. Bing "Bird's Eye" shows some kind of restaurant(?), at one angle only. The "satellite" photos aren't updated all THAT often. They could be 2 or 3 years old.

There's no CO note about a change in the hide. The clues, some of the logs, and photo would seem to lead to a pay phone, but maybe you can't make that assumption -- "Super Cachers" might post a picture of themselves in an obvious but WRONG place! There are some REAL interesting logs in 2010. If saw all those logs after I DNF'd this, I'd go back, trust my GPS, look around and ponder. Maybe just one more time. :anicute:

This seems like the kind of "easy" cache that I'd DNF a few times before I finally figure out how easy it is. Yes, I make a "DNF" log after each attempt when I did not find. But after 2 or 3 times, I regroup, wait a while, and might not search again til I have a new plan of attack.

Edited by kunarion

Since both the overhead (at all zoom levels) and street view show what appears to be the same thing, then its doubtful that any building has been there for a while.

Reading through the logs, lots of people have commented (but didn't give any specifics) about the liking the container and the camo job.

My gut feeling is that its there, and that picture is misleading.

OH I found that cache last summer. The bad thing is that was 2000+ caches ago and it was on a day where we did like 105 caches. So no memories. My guess is that it was indeed once on that payphone and moved slightly (maybe the base is still there?) Look around. There is no reason to assume it's missing. I don't know that owner but if you're desperate the most recent finder should get back to you.

Looking for this cach http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC220Y5

The Satalite map puts it at a EMPTY lot. The Photo taken at the cach is of a building and a couple guys using an old pay phone.

There are some really tricky hides out there. Like nano under soda cap, piece of vinyl with glued dirt and rocks on it, fake rock, twig, piece of cable wire,and a (against the guidelines) buried cache.

There are some really tricky hides out there. Like nano under soda cap, piece of vinyl with glued dirt and rocks on it, fake rock, twig, piece of cable wire,and a (against the guidelines) buried cache.

The clue on the cache page was posted earlier:

Magnetic and black ... hmmm ...

B.

Cache is confirmed by the CO. Cache is still there on the ruins of the payphone

The clue on the cache page was posted earlier:

Magnetic and black ... hmmm ...

B.

Cache is confirmed by the CO. Cache is still there on the ruins of the payphone

So... we're OK with posting spoilers here these days?