New backpacking geocache trail in Arkansas!

Kyle&Ann

Hello fellow geocachers!

My wife and I have completed designing, developing and placing a backpacking geocache trail here in the beautiful Ozark Mountains of Arkansas. We have walked 30+ miles, obtained required permits, learned a little about HTML and have brushed up on some photoshop skills to pull this project together. We have also designed and purchased rewards to distribute to those who find the achievement cache connected to the series. We cannot wait to start passing them out!

My question to you is this...What is the best way to attract out of state geocachers? I have designed a very simple website hoping that inquisitive cachers will find this series. I have found out through this process that google does not utilize meta tags (keywords) like they used to. Anyone have any suggestions? We really want to share the beauty of the Ozark Mountains with those who may have never been to the "Natural State".

BHT #1- Butterfield Hiking Trail GC3W8JG

Butterfield Hiking Trail Achievement Cache GC3W8T8

www.bhtgeocachetrail.com

Thanks so much in advance for your input!

Kyle&Ann

Posting up on forums like this is the first thing.

I could suggest putting together a nice little (non-advertising style) write up about the route, accommidations, etc, and share it with a few different forums.

Be prepared to field a log of questions from the various forums if you do this.

I'm a big backpacker but a bit far north.

Edit:

Lose the black background on the site. Black background on a website doesn't sell as well as a light background.

Edited by Mike & Jess

Do you have any stats handy, like the altitude difference between the highest and lowest caches?

I'm really interested, but I'm a ways away and not in good enough shape to tackle that, I think. Especially if the altitude delta is high.

I unfortunately do not have stats on elevation. I will do some research and if I find some information, I will post it. I can tell you this...the elevation gain on the trail is not too severe, however the trail is rough and challenging. I have been backpacking in Arkansas & Colorado for many years. I did my first backpacking trip on this very trail when I was 15 years old and have since thru-hiked the Ozark Highlands Trail and the Colorado Trail. Some may balk at the following statement, but I find backpacking in Arkansas harder in many aspects. Please don't let that discourage you from backpacking this trail. It is VERY do-able and well worth the time and effort. Just make sure you have good footwear and do some research on the trail. I have included information and links on the cache listings to cover all of the bases. As always, we are available to answer any questions that you may have. We may not have all the answers, but I am sure we can point you in the right direction.