Garmin Service?

mutt&bob

How do you get customer service from GARMIN. On several occasions I have E-mailed Garmin requesting help/info relating to a GPS unit and software. I get back a message they will contact me back within 3 business days, BIG story, still waiting after 3 weeks. I like Garmin units but they don't seem to care about customer service.

If you register with myGarmin, and ask a question there, and provide a serial number for your unit, you should expect an email in 3 days. They also have an 800 number you can dial in the US.

You might also get answers to your questions here. It would help to know which GPSr and which software you are having problems with. You might even get answers on this forum.

Edited by seldom_sn

You're better of asking here, or some other gps site, maybe your dealer, because I never saw a real problem solved by Garmin email, most of the time IF you get an answer it's not really related to the original question and often it's a bot answering you, a real person to person email contact is rare.

Often it's the user doing something wrong, or not having the right software on either the gps or the computer.

If the gps really fails they just swap the Gps, depending on the problem for free or letting you pay a flat fee.