1st CITO Event ?

GeoLobo

I have seen lists that state that The 1st CITO event (GCE2F1) was held on April 26, 2003 at Raccoon Creek State Park in Beaver County, Pennsylvania. Then i have read that March 2003 saw the first CITO events worldwide, but i have yet to find a GC# of any event prior ro April 26, 2003.

Does anyone know one that was officially published as a CITO earlier than GCE2F1 ?

Thanks

I have seen lists that state that The 1st CITO event (GCE2F1) was held on April 26, 2003 at Raccoon Creek State Park in Beaver County, Pennsylvania. Then i have read that March 2003 saw the first CITO events worldwide, but i have yet to find a GC# of any event prior ro April 26, 2003.

Does anyone know one that was officially published as a CITO earlier than GCE2F1 ?

Thanks

There is a CITO sub-forum here in the forums. Have you found that, opened it up, and looked at the last page? It appears the fourm was created on April 1, 2003, and the 2nd thread was created by Groundspeak's CEO on April 2, 2003, and he appears to be announcing the creation of the CITO cache type, and said all the events on the 26th (of April, I assume) were being "converted". No definitive answer to your question, I suppose, but it's a start.

I'd post links and stuff, but it's pretty easy to find. :)

Thanks

There is a CITO sub-forum here in the forums. Have you found that, opened it up, and looked at the last page? It appears the fourm was created on April 1, 2003, and the 2nd thread was created by Groundspeak's CEO on April 2, 2003, and he appears to be announcing the creation of the CITO cache type, and said all the events on the 26th (of April, I assume) were being "converted". No definitive answer to your question, I suppose, but it's a start.

I'd post links and stuff, but it's pretty easy to find. :)

Yes, I did see that. Thanks!

I believe there were a few caches in 2003 that were related to cleaning up the environment:

"Clean Up!"

02/12/2003

http://coord.info/GCD419

Clean Up! #2

02/16/2003

http://coord.info/GCD611

and i know there were more than one CITO published on April 26, 2003, but i believe that The 1st CITO event (GCE2F1) was held on April 26, 2003 at Raccoon Creek State Park in Beaver County, Pennsylvania, was the first to be published.

The 1st CITO event (GCE2F1) was held on April 26, 2003 at Raccoon Creek State Park in Beaver County, Pennsylvania, was the first to be published.

It's on my bookmarked list of "firsts" as first CITO because it is representative of the events to be given the CITO designation from that date. All the clean up events from April 2003 got the new CITO type at the same time. They weren't published as CITO.

Jeremy invented the type, and applied the new CITO designation retroactively - the events had already been published, and he changed the type.

Here's a link to his post about it.

The whole group of Earth day Clean up caches from April 2003 are "first". Jeremy noticed some clean up events from earlier in the month and they got type too, so they may have earlier dates, but they aren't any more first then any other event from that month.

Edited by Isonzo Karst