2012 Goals

Last year was a low for us as I was recovering from open heart surgury and the wife had a stroke. I am 87 and the wife is 86. Our goal is to find 10,000 caches while we are still mobile. For 2012 we started the year with about 5,000 finds and are trying to get to 7,000 this year. We are on track having 6,604 caches right now. All the nice wx we are having in the Puget Sound Area of Washington has helped. We usually start out on Sunday morning driving to a new cache area and stay one or two nights and then come home. Series caches are a big help for us. We are not mobile enough to do any trail caches. Enjoying geocaching since 2001. Dick & Arlene Bremerton, WA

We now have 6,639 finds and going on a overnight cache trip this Thursday. No snow in the Puget Sound lowlands so we should meet our goal of 7,000 by the end of the year. Our long (or short) range is to get to 10,000 before kicking the bucket. We just do what we can do.

We had a couple of challenges we wanted to finish this year :) , and we did. We cached in 10 countries this year, of which several we had not been to before :blink: and yesterday we finally managed to get at least one find on each day of the calendar. B)

While most of the year went very smooth with that, yesterday, the last day was a bit of a nightmare :huh: We're both been down with the flu and not really fit to go out. I still had to go to the office early in the morning. On the way, I got off the bus to pick up an easy cache, found it.. and could not open it as it was somewhat rusty and deformed. Next attempt at lunch time with a new field mystery, which was solved quickly. But then the geocaching app refused to accept the new coordinates and sent me either to the starting coords or some stages. Following the coordinates on the display I came to some likely hiding place but still could not find the cache :( Last attempt on the way home, off the bus again, find cache, struggle with the container again but finally sign the log, and off home! Phew! :P

Mrs. terratin

One a day for the year. So far so good. :grin:

And stay out of the poison plants for the rest of the year. Check my avatar and see what it did to me.

A couple more days and I will have reached my goal for the year. Had a blast doing it and stayed out of the itchy plants for the most part. :D

2 more days and I will have hit 366 days in a row. Woohoo.

2012 Geo-Goals

Stay out of the itchy ivy since my eyes swelling shut from it in April - Check

No more tick bites since the one that turned big and green/purple in May - Check

Hit 1500 finds - Check

Find all the current caches on the campus of the amazing University Of Oklahoma! - Check

Don't fall out of any trees, down any steep hills, etc. - Check

Go back and find a few caches that I had trouble finding the first, second, third, etc. time - Check

Avoid any contact with local law enforcement while at a cache - Check (A couple of close calls)

Have a lot of fun - CHECK

Edit - Place my first cache. Check (Yesterday on the way home from work. Submitted, published and found three times within hours)

Edited by SoonerSoftail

Last year was a low for us as I was recovering from open heart surgury and the wife had a stroke. I am 87 and the wife is 86. Our goal is to find 10,000 caches while we are still mobile. For 2012 we started the year with about 5,000 finds and are trying to get to 7,000 this year. We are on track having 6,604 caches right now. All the nice wx we are having in the Puget Sound Area of Washington has helped. We usually start out on Sunday morning driving to a new cache area and stay one or two nights and then come home. Series caches are a big help for us. We are not mobile enough to do any trail caches. Enjoying geocaching since 2001. Dick & Arlene Bremerton, WA

We now have 6,639 finds and going on a overnight cache trip this Thursday. No snow in the Puget Sound lowlands so we should meet our goal of 7,000 by the end of the year. Our long (or short) range is to get to 10,000 before kicking the bucket. We just do what we can do.

today is December 31,2012 and We have 6,993 caches so we fell short of the 7,000 we had hope to get. No biggy we will be caching in a few more days and will then get our 7,000 th find.

Edited by W7WT

today is December 31,2012 and We have 6,993 caches so we fell short of the 7,000 we had hope to get. No biggy we will be caching in a few more days and will then get our 7,000 th find.

I met my goal, I found a cache on 12/22/12.

Our, well, o.k., MY goal was to complete all three California DeLorme challenges this year (2012). We have been working on them for 11 years - we chip away at them. We finally completed the task in October and considering that we have lived in Washington state since 2007 and at that time we were about halfway through the books I am pleased with the progress.

So we now have completed all five west coast challenges and we are the first ones to do that. Goal completed and now we have NO geocaching goals for 2013 except to keep on having fun.