Selling my Garmin 60CSX: What's a fair price?

Hi,

I recently upgraded from a Garmin 60CSX to a Garmin 62ST, a co-worker of mine would like to buy my old 60CSX from me. I was wondering what a good price would be? GPS is in good condition few scuff marks, but looks probably 70%. The base maps have somehow been erased however and I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get them back on there. Any idea what a fair price would be? I don't want to over charge him.

Thanks!

You might want to check the Garage Sale forum. I'm guessing that besides the missing Basemap, the unit works fine(?). Are you including any other maps or accessories (SD card, cords, mounts)? My first guess would be $180, plus a little something for anything else included.

Hi,

I recently upgraded from a Garmin 60CSX to a Garmin 62ST, a co-worker of mine would like to buy my old 60CSX from me. I was wondering what a good price would be? GPS is in good condition few scuff marks, but looks probably 70%. The base maps have somehow been erased however and I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get them back on there. Any idea what a fair price would be? I don't want to over charge him.

Thanks!

Have a look on ebay to see what units in a comparable condition and with comparable accessories have sold for in your area.

The base maps aren't worth anything at all, they are usually so lacking in detail they might as well not be there. For the sake of some pocket change you can put a microSD card in it with one of the free maps from OpenStreetMap, which won't cost anything you'd notice but makes the thing usable right out of the box.

When I sold my old 60CS a while back I loaded up some maps of the area where the buyer lived just so he'd have something he could use from the moment it arrived.

Yeah, having a base map would be great. How do you upload them to the GPS unit? Sorry for the noobie question?

I don't know how one would delete or replace the basemap. The basemap isn't in a user accessible file system in the 60CSx. Are you sure the basemap is gone and not just disabled? To find out...setup, map, map setup - information (i), menu button, show/hide basemap.

Yes, the basemap is useful when zoomed way out even when other maps are installed.

For a model of GPS nearly 7 years old I'd have trouble charging a co-worker more than $150. Perspective is important. For another hundred bucks or so your co-worker could buy a brand new eTrex 30 with terrain shading, paperless geocaching, aerial imagery, GLONASS, and more.

In my opinion a fair price would be $125

For a model of GPS nearly 7 years old I'd have trouble charging a co-worker more than $150. Perspective is important. For another hundred bucks or so your co-worker could buy a brand new eTrex 30 with terrain shading, paperless geocaching, aerial imagery, GLONASS, and more.

In my opinion a fair price would be $125

I agree.

No way I'd pay $180 for a 7 year old 60CSx but I know others will.

Of course I might also give a co-worker more of a price break than someone I don't know on the internet as well.

Edited by GrnXnham