Where NOT to hide geocaches

BRF!

- Any spot near big windows at a coffee shop. (I've tried several times to find a particular cache in Renton,WA, but have failed each time, as there are always muggles watching me!)

You are wasting time.

Find the cache.

Hold it up and show it to anyone watching as you sign the log.

Put it back and walk away with confidence!

That's not the problem. The problem is looking like a psycho on your hands and knees, feeling up the underside of a planter box under the windowsill, with a coffee shop full of people looking at you askance. If I could find the blasted thing, I would shout "Huzzah" (or maybe "bark" a few times, just to keep the psycho motif going) and lift it up like a trophy for all to see, but I can't find the blasted thing! So instead of a triumphant psycho, I'm just plain psycho. *sigh* :D

There is no way that I would even look for a cache like this. I am not afraid of looking like a psycho (since I probably look like one anyway), and I have no problem in being bold. But why should I look for a container just because someone wanted to put one in front of a big window at a coffee shop? I keep a nano hidden on landscaping trellis in front of a business in a busy mall on my unfound pq list just to remind myself that some caches do not need to be found.

So my list includes private property (including businesses, malls, parking lots, residential neighborhoods) placed without express permission, playgrounds, random hides with no redeeming social importance, and the like. If I cannot think of a reason to bring people to that particular spot, I do not place a cache. And if it appears that there is no reason for me to go to a particular cache, I may or may not get around to it.

Almost any hide that says something like "There was no cache here, so I thought it needed one".

Hide to show me something interesting. Don't hide just because there is no cache within 528'.

PLEASE!

There's a newbee in this area that seems to have that attitude. I have every single cache of theirs on my ignore list.

Edited by Dgwphotos