Getting my GC ID before the cache is published

g0t0pless

I have a multi-stage cache coming down the line, and I'd like to put the cache name on the gamepieces.

How do I get my GC ID before the cache is published?

I started to register the cache, but I don't have the coords for every stage just yet, so I couldn't complete it. Not to mention that gamepieces have not been placed yet (because they need the GC code put on them!)

I can't place the pieces because I don't have a GC code, I can't get a GC code because the pieces arent placed!

Help!!! :o

Sounds like Catch-22, doesn't it?!?

It's not really. Just start up your cache page and make sure that THE CACHE ENABLE box is unchecked.

It will not be forwarded to the reviewer's queue until you check that box to enable it. That way, you can take your time, cross your T's and dot your I's, check your spelling, double-check the typed coordinates, etc., etc., etc.

Your cache ID number will be available after you click the button [Report New Listing] at the bottom of the page. With the ENABLE box unchecked, it is saved and you access it for additions and changes thru your profile page. The number is assigned at that time.

Yep, like the previous poster stated: write up the cache page, but do NOT enable it yet. You will get the GC# to write on anything you'd like, and when you are all ready to publish the cache just enable it. Easy peasy.

This is a great feature that allows us to work on a cache page as much as we'd like until we feel it is exactly the way we want it to look, THEN submit when we are ready.

Yep, like the previous poster stated: write up the cache page, but do NOT enable it yet. You will get the GC# to write on anything you'd like, and when you are all ready to publish the cache just enable it. Easy peasy.

This is a great feature that allows us to work on a cache page as much as we'd like until we feel it is exactly the way we want it to look, THEN submit when we are ready.

Mind you, if it is a multi, it may pay, once you have the co-ords of the stages, to actually tick the ENABLE but leave a clear Reviewer note stating it is not ready for publication yet but that you want the reviewer to check the locations and any other aspects.

The reviewer will give you an OK and then you can disable it again until you have finished polishing all the knobs and waxing the floors, etc.

Just walk through the steps, use fake coords close to the real ones, you will see your listing,and GC code, with the option to check a box and submit for review, don't do this part

When you hide all stages and have the true locations, just go to the menu at the top right corner of your cache listing page and edit your listing

Make sure when your adding additional waypoints that they are HIDDEN from view

When your done, THEN submit for review.

Remember no stages of your Multi (if your placing something at that location) can be with in 161 meters or 500 feet from any cache or stage of a multi (except your own)

Hope this helps

Coman123

Edited by coman123