Deleted logs

What about this cam????

http://coord.info/GCGWVP

most of them are armchair logged. :ph34r:

GS havent archived the cache...

I see quite a few photos that appear to be valid. Why bring a totally unrelated webcam cache into this and risk having it archived? Are you just trying to validate GCA4C4's CO's decision to strictly enforce the guidelines since anyone can use anyone else's webcam cache as an example at any given time? Kudos to DutchBoy for covering his butt.

Pretty sure Groundspeak knows about Area 52. Moun10bike has it bookmarked on his Caches Excluded from Souvenirs and Statistics list. It also appears on the "Couch Caches," "Couch Caching," and "Sofacaching" bookmarks, and I know for a fact that Groundspeak cracked down on a number of those. The more infamous armchair caches were forced to update their requirements; some did and survived, such as Old Mustard Mill, and some didn't and were archived -- remember Four Windows?

Better question might be why they are still turning a blind eye to Area 52 after archiving the Four Corners webcam. Gonna have to ask the frog on that one. Either way, back to the main topic at hand, the webcam in question has an active owner who is enforcing the guidelines to avoid getting the cam archived, and while that might get some folks' butts hurt, c'est la vie.

Pretty sure Groundspeak knows about Area 52. Moun10bike has it bookmarked on his Caches Excluded from Souvenirs and Statistics list. It also appears on the "Couch Caches," "Couch Caching," and "Sofacaching" bookmarks, and I know for a fact that Groundspeak cracked down on a number of those. The more infamous armchair caches were forced to update their requirements; some did and survived, such as Old Mustard Mill, and some didn't and were archived -- remember Four Windows?

Better question might be why they are still turning a blind eye to Area 52 after archiving the Four Corners webcam. Gonna have to ask the frog on that one. Either way, back to the main topic at hand, the webcam in question has an active owner who is enforcing the guidelines to avoid getting the cam archived, and while that might get some folks' butts hurt, c'est la vie.

By posting potential problem caches and questioning Groundspeak about them, you are more than likely meeting the OP's objective. Someone a few posts back was questioning what the OP could of gained by posting here. I have suspected from the beginning that she had an objective and coming here as a whiner was the easiest way to obtain it. I'm actually surprised that it has taken this long.

Thanks for causing problems just because you couldn't be bothered to do some research beforehand. Since Webcam Caches are grandfathered, old, and the webcams themselves are often delicate, I always look at the last few pages of logs to research any potential issues first. I saw alternate links posted in a previous log. I checked them out before I went, and checked them again while I was in the parking lot. I had no trouble getting a pic with the basement cam other than getting the timing right.

... shouldn't GS archive all Webcam caches where the CO has no control over the availability and maintenance of the Webcam.

No way, how is that different to saying that traditional caches should be archived if the CO has no control over access to the cache? What if the local authority closed a park, rerouted a road, moved a footpath?

Go down that route and we'd have very few caches of any kind.

When access to a traditional cache becomes an issue we can temporarily disable the cache. I've got one across the street where I live where some construction is taking place. The construction hasn't affected the hide location, yet, but I removed the cache and disabled it until I know that it will be accessible.

I don't own a webcam cache so I can't really answer this, but can't a webcam cache be disabled if the webcam is down for an extended period of time?

Thanks for causing problems just because you couldn't be bothered to do some research beforehand. Since Webcam Caches are grandfathered, old, and the webcams themselves are often delicate, I always look at the last few pages of logs to research any potential issues first. I saw alternate links posted in a previous log. I checked them out before I went, and checked them again while I was in the parking lot. I had no trouble getting a pic with the basement cam other than getting the timing right.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Hold the phone.

You mean you had to do, like, an extra minute's worth of planning to log this webcam?

Clearly that's some sort of illegal Additional Logging Requirement. This cache has got to go.

[/sarcasm] :anibad:

... shouldn't GS archive all Webcam caches where the CO has no control over the availability and maintenance of the Webcam.

No way, how is that different to saying that traditional caches should be archived if the CO has no control over access to the cache? What if the local authority closed a park, rerouted a road, moved a footpath?

Go down that route and we'd have very few caches of any kind.

When access to a traditional cache becomes an issue we can temporarily disable the cache. I've got one across the street where I live where some construction is taking place. The construction hasn't affected the hide location, yet, but I removed the cache and disabled it until I know that it will be accessible.

I don't own a webcam cache so I can't really answer this, but can't a webcam cache be disabled if the webcam is down for an extended period of time?

That does not appear to be the case here. There were alternate, working cameras on site that were acceptable. This is more an issue with the OP than the CO.