Annoying "Arriving at destination" notification

Is there any way to switch off the "arriving at destination" notification on a Garmin eTrex30? Its really annoying when I'm coming up on a cache and all of a sudden my screen gets hijacked by this message and I have to press a button to get out of it and see my pointers again.

Boy... This drives me crazy also! Found if you go into "geocache" and select the cache there... It will only beep. I did send in a feature request months ago about this exact thing.

Just choose the geocaching profile and that doesn't happen, not on the 20 anyway :)

I wonder what setting would regulate that, though...

The profile files are essentially XML files and i can find nothing in them which indicates such a setting.

Can it maybe be associated to if the geocaching dashboard is chosen.

Can somebody please link to or otherwise send me their etrex 20/30 Geocaching profile file in the \Profiles folder? I accidentally deleted it.

If you want to use email kindly use

tobias ra § fast mail.fm

Remove spaces and replace § with @

Can somebody please link to or otherwise send me their etrex 20/30 Geocaching profile file in the \Profiles folder? I accidentally deleted it.

If you want to use email kindly use

tobias ra § fast mail.fm

Remove spaces and replace § with @

Cant you just go in "setup - profiles" and make a new one?

Edited by ChefRd2000

Cant you just go in settings and make a new one?

I don't know what black magic in the original profile makes the "arriving at destination" disappear. It wasn't the geocaching dashboard. This is why I want it.

I don't think there is any magic. But if its a cache... Loaded from your computer... Then it doesn't use the pop up.... It only beeps. In any profile.

I will test it out to be sure tonight.

I don't know what black magic in the original profile makes the "arriving at destination" disappear. It wasn't the geocaching dashboard. This is why I want it.

I don't think there is any magic. But if its a cache... Loaded from your computer... Then it doesn't use the pop up.... It only beeps. In any profile.

Yep - seems to be what you say.

Yep - seems to be what you say.

Yep... Just verified. Also , on 2.73, the annoying pop up now clears itself after a few seconds! Not perfect but it looks like they are making an attempt!!

Thanks. The manual just annoyed me first time I read it. Now, after a couple of weeks with my etrex, the whole thing makes so much more sense. You led me straight to the answer

Page 24 says nothing about that, though - just about Proximity Alarms.

Thanks. The manual just annoyed me first time I read it. Now, after a couple of weeks with my etrex, the whole thing makes so much more sense. You led me straight to the answer

Page 24 says nothing about that, though - just about Proximity Alarms.

You're right there. I thought that it was the same thing. This notification is bugging me!