My Garmin Colorado will not boot

I havent been wery active the last couple of years, but some friends of mine have started geocaching, and suddenly I wanted to get out to find some caches myself.... The problem i s that my Colorado is dead, it will not boot. If I connect it to a computer, the display lights up and I can access the files and folders on the unit, bet when it is disconnected is is dead ( I have checked the batteries :lol: ). Is there a way to reset the unit 100%? To copy the original files and folders in the unit and delete everything else? I might have made the problem vorse by trying to path up the system my self. Hopefully you will excuse my misspellings and grammar faults, English is not my native language..

Regards from Norway

Hallaron

You said you checked the batteries but if the unit has been sitting a long they should be depleted. Put a couple of new ones in and try this.

Download webupdater from Garmin, install it

Hook up the colorado and after it goes into usb mode run webupdater. This will install the last full version of the operating system on it.

Unhook and reboot.