Swag I find

I have made up a little "geo to go" bag. I put some little trinkets, my tweezers, gel pen, extra logs, etc.. in this bag. Very rarely do I "keep" a trinket. What I usually do is put one of my trinkets in a cache and if I take one I put it in my geo to go bag to bring along to another cache and I just keep swapping them around. If I do keep one, then I just add another trinket from home to my geo to go bag so I always have full stock on hand! :D

I have found some items that I just shake my head on... expired coupons from a year ago, plastic forks, pieces of a broken toy, etc. I've never considered "cleaning" these type of caches before because I didn't feel I was allowed to, but as time goes by and I find more and more I'm thinking I may do just that. There really are so few caches that actually hold little "treasures", so might as well have them hold exciting items for the little ones rather than a napkin from McDonalds! <_<

To date: 153 finds

Number of caches with cool swag: Maybe 2, or 3, mostly TBs (which aren't swag)

Number of caches that took me to cool places I'd never have gone: 153

I absolutely LOVE this answer!

I was just scrolling through my gallery last night marveling at all the neat new places I've been!

If it is not about the stuff you find then I have no further interest in this. To me that was the fun part. The hike part to me was the work to find some good stuff. Looks like my Oregon 450 will just be collecting dust.

Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for.

I am always happy when I find the songs of the birds, the fragrance of the flowers, an interesting rock formation or waterfall, sometimes a snake, or a deer, or a squirrel, or even a footprint. The box got me out there, but what I found was more personal and elusive than what would fit in the box.

I completely agree. This past Saturday I discovered an awesome set of trails that I had never known about...all because of geocaching. I've lived in this area my whole life and never knew about these trails.

It was a great time. The farthest cache, which was about 2.5 miles from the starting point, overlooked a lake. It was really peaceful sitting there while signing the log

Oh5Ge.jpg

The swag wasn't all that great, but the journey was the real treat. I saw a large snapping turtle, two black snakes mating, some interesting insects, got some exercise, detached myself from being in front of a computer screen....all good things.

I have found some items that I just shake my head on... expired coupons from a year ago, plastic forks, pieces of a broken toy, etc. I've never considered "cleaning" these type of caches before because I didn't feel I was allowed to, but as time goes by and I find more and more I'm thinking I may do just that. There really are so few caches that actually hold little "treasures", so might as well have them hold exciting items for the little ones rather than a napkin from McDonalds! dry.gif

When I find junk like this, particularly items that SHOULD NOT be in a cache (usually I find cigarettes), I remove it and add small items I'm carrying with me. If I don't have anything, I leave one or two $1 bills.

It used to be fairly common to find some pretty interesting stuff in a cache.

Lately, not so much. :(

The best thing to do is carry a variety of trades, and attempt to bump up the quality of trades in the caches you find.

Nothing extravagant, just something interesting or useful. :)

The only way to counteract those who trade down is to trade up...or don't trade at all. <_<

If my trade item brightens someone else's day (even if they don't trade fairly), then my trade was successful. :D