Cache proximity

mjb716

So I was planning on laying a puzzle cache at a historical site in my town. The listed coordinates would bring you to a small parking lot, and you'd gather info from a nearby informational kiosk to find the final log. The problem is the fact that there are other caches nearby. I know that generally the rule is .1 miles between each cache, but is that from the listed coordinates or from the final location? Because of the nature of my hide, I can't really change the starting location, but I can adjust the hide if need be.

Thank you for your input! =)

The listed coordinates would bring you to a small parking lot, and you'd gather info from a nearby informational kiosk to find the final log.

This seems to be a virtual stage, nothing placed by you, just gathering info - there's no "proximity" for virtual stages. Only for items that you place. Probably, you'll only place one thing, the final cache, and only it needs to be .1 miles from other physical caches.

The listed coordinates would bring you to a small parking lot, and you'd gather info from a nearby informational kiosk to find the final log.

This seems to be a virtual stage, nothing placed by you, just gathering info - there's no "proximity" for virtual stages. Only for items that you place. Probably, you'll only place one thing, the final cache, and only it needs to be .1 miles from other physical caches.

QTA - Question To Answer.

No limit for distance. (Just make sure you list it as a QTA stage)

QTA - Question To Answer.

No limit for distance. (Just make sure you list it as a QTA stage)

...in the Waypoints.

And if all they're doing at the information kiosks is gathering information that gives them coordinates in a straight-forward way (e.g., plugging digits from dates into the digits of the coordinates, or doing simple arithmetic), then I'd make it a multi-cache rather than a mystery/puzzle cache. I'd list it as a mystery/puzzle cache only if there were some sort of puzzle to solve in order to get the final coordinates.

So I was planning on laying a puzzle cache at a historical site in my town. The listed coordinates would bring you to a small parking lot, and you'd gather info from a nearby informational kiosk to find the final log. The problem is the fact that there are other caches nearby. I know that generally the rule is .1 miles between each cache, but is that from the listed coordinates or from the final location? Because of the nature of my hide, I can't really change the starting location, but I can adjust the hide if need be.

Thank you for your input! =)

If you read the Guidelines, you will find the answer.

Guidelines:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=11

B.