Nanos

ohmelli

I THINK I found my first Nano today -- I would be really surprised if it was not it, as the coordinates and hints all added up. BUT... I did NOT find a log with it or near it to sign... is this customary practice that Nanos do NOT have a log? It would make sense since they are so tiny... I just want to be sure I really DID find it! :unsure:

There are several ways of rolling up the little log strip. We always carry a couple of bobby pins with the lower 1/4 inch cut off. Makes rolling it up easier. Wife carrys tweezers to pull it out. Sure hard to find the little guys if you drop it in the grass when you are putting it back in its resting place.

I ran into one of those tonight that had unrolled inside and I could NOT get it out. I have long fingernails and I tried and TRIED to get it but it wasn't budging! I reported a Needs Maintenance on it because I noticed that some others had commented that they couldn't sign either. Hopefully the owner will find a way to get it out without destroying the siggies inside. Maybe with a tweezer? :unsure:

Ahhh! It WAS. I did not even THINK to try to OPEN it... it was just sooo tiny! I'll have to go back and sign it next time I'm up that way! Thank you!

That cracks me up!!!

:D So funny... I'm looking forward to your next contribution (I'm not being sarcastic, but that is exactly my kind of humour!)

Croesgadwr,

North Wales.

Ahhh! It WAS. I did not even THINK to try to OPEN it... it was just sooo tiny! I'll have to go back and sign it next time I'm up that way! Thank you!

That cracks me up!!!

:D So funny... I'm looking forward to your next contribution (I'm not being sarcastic, but that is exactly my kind of humour!)

Croesgadwr,

North Wales.

Oh I'm sO glad SOMEone gains pleasure from my foolishness!!! :laughing:

Edited by ohmelli
I did not even THINK to try to OPEN it... it was just sooo tiny!
You aren't alone. I've seen a couple caches that used camouflaged blinkers, and a lot of beginners post logs saying that they found something that must be the cache, but they couldn't figure out how to open it. When there's just 1/8" of the magnet sticking out of the camouflage, it isn't at all obvious to beginners that they need to somehow unscrew the bottom of the tiny capsule buried in the camouflage.