[FEATURE] Syncing Saved Lists between iDevices

Ruko2010

It would be great if the saved lists would be in sync with every device u use.

My wife and I both use the iphone to cache (with the same geocaching.com account) and sometimes we use our ipad.

If I save a cache to a list on my phone it will not be on my wifs phone or my ipad.

Also the lists of caches do not appear on the geocaching website.

I think there are 3 ways make sync possible:

1. List the saved caches related to one account on the website (like it is with field notes)

2. Sync over icloud

3. Sync over Dopbox (or something similar)

Thank you.

My wife and I both use the iphone to cache (with the same geocaching.com account) and sometimes we use our ipad.

If I save a cache to a list on my phone it will not be on my wifs phone or my ipad.

1. List the saved caches related to one account on the website (like it is with field notes)

2. Sync over icloud

Thank you.

I'm not exactly sure if I'm understanding what you're referring to....

Any bookmark lists that you create can be made into a pocket query. Those pocket queries can be downloaded into each phone.

Edited by Lieblweb

I'm not exactly sure if I'm understanding what you're referring to....

Any bookmark lists that you create can be made into a pocket query. Those pocket queries can be downloaded into each phone.

The issue with that is your assuming I'm setting everything up on a pc. You can't create pocket queries on the iPhone app. I would really like to be able find and setup my lists On my iPad (plz update and go universal) and then have them sync in the background to my iPhone. It's annoying to have to submit some query I can't change, it Should just happen in the background

2. Sync over icloud

Thank you.

+1 for this feature. I'd also be interested to understand how geocaching.com saved lists can be synced to multiple iPhones.

The issue with that is your assuming I'm setting everything up on a pc. You can't create pocket queries on the iPhone app. I would really like to be able find and setup my lists On my iPad (plz update and go universal) and then have them sync in the background to my iPhone. It's annoying to have to submit some query I can't change, it Should just happen in the background

So, you wanna be able to create pocket queries directly using the APP? And have them synced to each device?

You have Safari? Why not just login with Safari? Create your pocket queries there.... and download them to your phone.

2. Sync over icloud

Thank you.

I like this idea.

So, you wanna be able to create pocket queries directly using the APP? And have them synced to each device?

You have Safari? Why not just login with Safari? Create your pocket queries there.... and download them to your phone.

I would like the saved lists, bookmarks or anything else i have to sync between the devices and the website, Why make me open up safari it defeats the whole point of having the app. I hate having to leave the geocaching app.

I would also be nice to have the app updated for the ipad and become higher res for all devices now that everything has a retna display.

Edited by taboo8614

+1 for this.

I have an iPhone and an ipad and would like to prepare my list of caches to look for on the ipad and then have that list appear in my iPhone when I next open the app, although the pocket query function is good it is reliant on a visit to the website and its not intended or designed to be a replacement for good old sync.

Dropbox would be great and many apps utilise drop box to sync across multiple devices and its also not platform specific which is even better

I just realized all the work I did on my iPad, saving a list for today, last night to get a list of caches to go to this morning does not show up on my iPhone saved list. So I am also suggesting a way to sync between multiple devices. PLEASE... I am a newbie and frustrated with how un-user friendly the web and app is and now it doesnt sync. Bummer...

I would like the saved lists, bookmarks or anything else i have to sync between the devices and the website, Why make me open up safari it defeats the whole point of having the app. I hate having to leave the geocaching app.

I would also be nice to have the app updated for the ipad and become higher res for all devices now that everything has a retna display.

There is your answer, although it is basically a 'workaround'.

Since it is not really difficult or complicated, I suspect that is what Groundspeak would expect anyone to do and will probably NOT be providing an autosynch feature anytime soon.

Too bad ThePinkWolf spent a lot of time EXPECTING things to work a certain way without actually CHECKING to see how it works before putting too much effort into it.

Not only would we benefit from saving the phones lists externally to dropbox or even via iTunes folder access - but it would be really useful to have them in gpx format so we can add them to other mapping software such as Viewranger - it is so much easier to see a 'global' view of where you want to travel to on an iPad say than on a tiny iPhone 4/5 screen on only one device. So please at least let us transfer these lists to other devices. Thanks

Rob