Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fortworthbret

Wreckchasing

This has been brought up before (and there is very little information in the logs), but is Groundspeak looking to add wreckchasing to the site?

I was about to start the perl for a wreckchasing site of my own (most sites out there are simply to sell a book).

I was planning on taking submissions from finders, (with long/lat of course) having an online log for each site (where I suspect information on each site would collect along with the logs), and a mapping feature for known sites.

While working it out, I kept wishing it was here instead.

thoughts?

I would love to have someone get this going. I have gotten sick of all the sites that brag on all the wrecks they have found, but won't tell you where they are. Kinda agrivating if you ask me. I could add some in AZ if you get it going. 97TJ

WChasing would be cool.

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

WChasing would be cool.

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

Maybe this is just my being a little sensitive, but searching out places where people died in airplane crashes seems morbid. Why would you want to do this?

i said this in the last thread about wreck caching that we had a few months ago. i think, as someone who has performed rescue and RECOVERY operations at a major plane crash, that wanting to go to the location is a tad twisted. do what you want.

SR and dboggny. Oh man, my mother in law is here9372_700.gif