TB Theft

Shady_uk

Hi,

What can be done if you see or suspect another cacher taking TB's from caches and not logging them.

Reason i ask this is i noticed a couple of cachers approaching let say cache (A) (35mm container) from the left and then another couple of cachers from the right.

The cachers who approached from the right signed the log whilst the one's on the left didn't sign it whilst it was out.

They all stopped to chat for a few mins before the cachers on the left went on to the next cache ( B ) which was a small clip tub with a TB in it which had just been dropped by the cachers coming from the right.

When i went to inspect this cache to discover the TB, it had gone and the log wasnt signed by the cachers on the left.

These caches had just been published that day.

They went to the next three caches and didnt sign them either, i had cought up to them on the forth cache and introduced myself and them likewise. After about 5mins of talking they said they was just going to sign the log on this cache they was next to, then move on to the others.

I walked off and came back later to find no caches had been signed by them.

And the last cache they found was in November of last year.

They have there own caches out and don't seem to be maintaining them or replacing them after repeated messages from cachers to do so, and these are in there own town.

Any advice would be helpfull as it is not right and spoils the fun for us cachers and more so for the people that submit these TB's

Edited by Shady_uk

Not even if they are Premium Members viewing premium accounts.

People go premium to submit premium caches to stop non premiums taking or destroying caches.

Can't they have there account closed down.

Sounds like it worked. Non premiums didn't take or destroy the cache.

Seriously, life is better if you don't worry about others. Does it blow? Sure. Is there anything you can do? Nope. Pick your battles and when picking try to choose ones you have a chance of winning.

Thats my point, they are not logging anything at all and taking the TB's and not logging them either.

And how would closing their account stop them from doing this?

I agree it's terribly annoying and frustrating, but unless you know them personally and can go over to their house and box their ears a bit, there's not much you can do.

Thats my point, they are not logging anything at all and taking the TB's and not logging them either.

And how would closing their account stop them from doing this?

I agree it's terribly annoying and frustrating, but unless you know them personally and can go over to their house and box their ears a bit, there's not much you can do.

Tar and Feathers comes to mind...

Perhaps building an arena, stocking it with hungry lions, etc., that might do the trick...

How about a snake pit?

Of course, we could always remove one of their hands...

Only kidding of course (sort of...), but in reality there is little that can be done. If you have proof, or catch them in the act then perhaps you could expose them for what they are. Not much else.

Taking and keeping something that a somebody else placed into the wild, full well knowing that it may disappear, hardly equates to theft (legally).