Remove Yahoo!-style page headers

sTeamTraen

At the top of some site pages - for example, /seek/nearest.aspx - there's something like this:

Geocaching > Hide and Seek A Geocache > Search For Geocaches

This was probably useful back when the site had 20 pages and people navigated around with a little "tree map" in their heads. Today, it just looks a bit silly (90% of site pages don't have it, and there are many other ways to arrive at each page other than by navigating down a chain of links), and it takes up valuable vertical real estate on the screen.

Edited by sTeamTraen

My guess is that it won't ever happen

If it was removed there would be no end of complaints and threats to cancel Premium Membership and/or perform Flaming Geocide etc :)

In the meantime, you might as well just add yet another ABP filter

geocaching.com#div(id^=ctl00_divBreadcrumbs)

Mark

As a side note, those breadcrumbs aren't really "Yahoo!-style" links. I was coding the things into Web pages a good number of years before Yahoo! was even conceived. They were one of the prime ways to set up Web site navigation in those "pioneer" days, and as far as I'm concerned they still have their uses.

--Larry

P.S. I absolutely positively have to find an excuse to hide a cache called Flaming Geocide. Pure genius. :lol: