[FEATURE] Instant Notification to Phone Time Limit

CachingOKC2

I would like to be able to have notifications to my phone (via text) during certain times of the day be disabled.

For instance: I have instant notifications going to my phone via text message. I would like to disable the text messages to my phone from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Twitter has this feature. I can edit the times that I do not get notification to my phone.

Thanks

I would like to be able to have notifications to my phone (via text) during certain times of the day be disabled.

For instance: I have instant notifications going to my phone via text message. I would like to disable the text messages to my phone from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Twitter has this feature. I can edit the times that I do not get notification to my phone.

Thanks

What notifications are you referring to? New cache listings?

I've never heard of getting TXT messages for new cache listings. Is this an Instant Messenger thing? Or....

Ok, fair enough, it probably is email, but I have put my phone number in and I get text messages whenever a new cache is published. Been doing that for years. I also get notifications via my email account. I also know this isn't Twitter, I only used that as an example. Thanks for the replies!

for my droid.. i have an app that when in sleep mode, all i get is a ringer for phone calls.. all other notifications (noises and vibrations) are turned off.. very handy i just look at the status bar when i have time the next day.

if you have a crapple i-phone, not sure how they want you to do it....

if you have the normal type of phone (not smart) it may depend on the maker of the phone. i have seen some with different modes for ringers and such.

Ok, fair enough, it probably is email, but I have put my phone number in and I get text messages whenever a new cache is published. Been doing that for years. I also get notifications via my email account. I also know this isn't Twitter, I only used that as an example. Thanks for the replies!

How or where were you able to input your phone number to get text messages of notifications? I have searched my account information and can't find anywhere to place a phone number.

This is interesting and I'm curious to know how to set that up. More info please!!

How or where were you able to input your phone number to get text messages of notifications? I have searched my account information and can't find anywhere to place a phone number.

You set it up as your-number@SMS-gateway. For example, for Verizon it's 1234567890@vzwpix.com

Complete list

Ok...now I see. It's still an e-mail. You're just sending it via a special address.

You're using that e-mail (to your phone) as your primary e-mail address on geocaching.com?

You set it up as your-number@SMS-gateway. For example, for Verizon it's 1234567890@vzwpix.com

Complete list

Ok...now I see. It's still an e-mail. You're just sending it via a special address.

You're using that e-mail (to your phone) as your primary e-mail address on geocaching.com?

What those services do is convert the email to a text message, which then gets sent to you.

You can have notifications sent to a different email address than your primary one, so I assume that's how the OP has it set up. I know of several cachers in my area that have it set up this way.